PDA

View Full Version : Video or Sound clip request: Cammed EJ25D...

4n70n1n0
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm curious to see/hear a EJ25D with 264/264 cams(These might be Delta Cams Stage2 cams cuz they have 272/272 cams) and equal length headers. If ANYONE has a video or sound clip of a legacy or impreza with this setup please let me know. I really need to hear how this sounds like to finalize some parts options(ELH or UELH).

Fine I'll let the cat out the bag: I'm trying to figure out if a cammed ej25d has boxer rumble even with the EL headers. I really like the power gain that the EL headers produce but I'm wondering if the cams will give it some rumble too. Prolly not but I hopin. Also I had once saw a video on youtube of a BE legacy(white) that was cammed and with EL headers and it sounded like it still had some rumble to it but I can't really go by that cuz that's a single cam and the EJ25d is a dual cam.

On a side note anyone know the power gains difference between the ELH and the UELH?
Thanks in advance

Garrison
06-25-2011, 02:55 PM
It won't. The boxer rumble comes from the UEL headers. That "power gain" of EL vs UEL you're referring to is insignificant on an N/A, non-race-car engine

4n70n1n0
06-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Really? The CNT ELH has been dynoed to be an extra 16 HP the headers alone but I'm going with the EL. I can't give up the sound for the extra power. I'll get enought extra power from everything else nd hopefully post a video for you guys to hear a cammed EJ25D :)... as long as my and I don't get prego.

Reason
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I have a special build for a EJ25 motor (not the current one I'm planning) hopefully sometime next year when I get a second Legacy. Im curious to hear this, do you have that you tube link of the one you heard?

4n70n1n0
06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Nah I've been looking for it for days now. If I find it I'll shoot you over a PM

4n70n1n0
06-26-2011, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj63wKQVGKc

Here it is UELH and cams

Still sounds like it has some rouble but def not like a ELH setup

Garrison
06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but did you unintentionally mix-up ELH and UELH in your last post?

The "rumble" is the off-timed combustion from the engine; which travels longer along one pipe than it does the other. This produces a loping sound like a harley or old school V8, UELH is what brings this out.
ELH makes the exhaust note sound like... a Honda, or Nissan, etc. Not a bad thing, but it definitely isn't the Subaru rumble you seem to be seeking.

And I would like to see that 16hp difference replicated on a few different dynos before I was convinced.

Reason
06-26-2011, 11:12 PM
@ 16hp difference ill ditched my UEL header

4n70n1n0
06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but did you unintentionally mix-up ELH and UELH in your last post?

The "rumble" is the off-timed combustion from the engine; which travels longer along one pipe than it does the other. This produces a loping sound like a harley or old school V8, UELH is what brings this out.
ELH makes the exhaust note sound like... a Honda, or Nissan, etc. Not a bad thing, but it definitely isn't the Subaru rumble you seem to be seeking.

And I would like to see that 16hp difference replicated on a few different dynos before I was convinced.

Oops, yup I messed up. Sorry. I hate spreading misinformation. There is plenty out there and I don't need to add to it

I know that the rumble comes from the header piping but I was hopin the that different duration and lift of the cams would give it some rumble but guess not.

Reason
06-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I had a more loopy sound at idle, its either not there anymore or I just don't notice it.

4n70n1n0
06-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I remember at last years meet ur idle was nice and lumpy not crazy lumpy like a Brian Crowers Stage 3 cams but it still was lumpy which surprised me because I didn't think with UELH it would sound like that but it did which lead me to believe that it would kinda have a rumble with ELHs. U saw the video that legacy sounds like it has some rumble even with the ELH

Reason
06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Yea it sounds mean, I want those TWE headers!

My exhaust sounded better with my single port Borla header. I hop he 2.5 block will give it a little more grunt.

4n70n1n0
06-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Definitely will, want my ej254 block? $100