PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find Some Eyelids????? :?

BumTizzle
05-24-2005, 03:11 AM
I need some urgent cosmetics for my AWD 98 Legacy Sedan ITS STOCk so any help would be greatly Appreatiacted!!!!

Reason
05-24-2005, 03:25 AM
I don't think the Legacy is a hard car to do up. It's just EXPANSIVE!! There are worst cars out there to modify to your likes! If you have deep pockets you can have a sweet Legacy.

haplesspete
05-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Go down to your local sign writer dude and get some graphic tape It comes in all colours and you can make the eyelids as big or small as you like It might sound a bit rough but it looks good I will se if I can find you some pics, Is your Legacy a BE ? if so look at the pics of mine and see what you think

PETE

pdawg
05-24-2005, 08:49 AM
There was a site posted before the site went down that you could get carbon fiber tape that you could do eyelids with. Can't remember the site though or who posted? Anybody remember? As far as modding it's not hard it just cost some $$$$$ like Reason said EXPANSIVE.

Tris_STi
05-24-2005, 11:58 AM
There's a few places in AUS that sell body kits and the like, for legacies, but I've never seen one for the 2nd gen. Check a speed shop anyway, they might have something.
Unfortunately, we're just slighted when it comes to aftermarket parts, and with the trends these days, alot of owners could feel 'left behind', hence, the not-so-popularity of the legacy. :( Sad.

Can I make a few safety comments about the eyelids before we send him on his way?

(Thought I'd ask first, hehe)

Pwise2326
05-24-2005, 04:01 PM
There's lots you can do, seeing that your from Austrailia you already have an advantage over all of us USDM owners who are actively seeking JDM parts you already have (clear tails and the like). Theres tons of BD legacy bodykits (I'm assuming your 98 is second gen, I think BE's started in 99). Check out www.ozeparts.com (http://www.ozeparts.com) for cleared tails and projector headlights, its in austrailia so it won't be as expensive for you. Otherwise check out the vendor links section to find a whole slew of companies that sell parts for you legacys, the big names for bodykits are tuningspec.com and takakaira.com. You'd have to ask some of the NZ guys where they get all there kits and stuff from, looks like they have easier access to this stuff. But the vendor links section is a good place to start.

SmoothLegacy
05-24-2005, 10:11 PM
A legacy is definately harder to do up than a run of the mill honda or the like. For those who appreciate uniqueness when modifying cars this is a great opportunity. Many subaru drivers are the "older" type who are not into the scene. So if you do take the liberty to make improvements it will really stand out. I can say that i don't even pay attention to hooked up Civics and Eclipses anymore. Always the same old thing... coffee can exhaust, clear tails, stupid wing, ghetto body kit, and painting the stock hood black. blah... Many of the legacies i see on here are tastefully done thank goodness!

gator gt
05-24-2005, 10:22 PM
yahoo japan has got a snot-load of the eyelids. Was just surfing it. Use Babelfish to translate....maybe your OZ connections can get some from the Land of the Rising Sun.

GGT

Tris_STi
05-25-2005, 12:35 PM
So, can I ask a dumb question?

Why, out of all the possible mods you could do at this point, to your COMPLETELY stock legacy, would you choose eyelids as your first aesthetic-only mod?

prodrivelegacy
06-14-2005, 03:51 AM
So, can I ask a dumb question?

Why, out of all the possible mods you could do at this point, to your COMPLETELY stock legacy, would you choose eyelids as your first aesthetic-only mod?
ditto