PDA

View Full Version : Hella horn wiring

Reason
04-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Thinking about picking up Hella horns. Anyone that wired them in their car help me out. Are they plug and play? Do I need to tap in the existing lines? Do I need to rewire the whole damn car?( :shock: )

sheepdog
04-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Easy as hell man. Hit me up on AIM and I can walk ya through it, Ive installed a set on every car Ive ever had.

yes, that includes the accord (and obviously the legacy)

AussieDan
04-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I wired my supertones using the supplied relay and fused line to the battery.

They draw a fair bit of current so I'd recommend wiring them that way.

Basically you tap one of the stock horn connectors, run that to one of the switch terminals of the relay, ground the other switch terminal. Then run a fused line (I used 15A IIRC, they'll blow a 5A instantaneously) to one of the switched relay terminals, and the other switched terminal to the +ve terminals on the horns. Ground the -ve terminals on the horns out the chassis and you're done.

BikeNStitches
05-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I just hooked up a pair of Fiamms behind the grille on my 95 Legacy sedan. Just wired them directly from the old connection.

Tom

PetterFan
07-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I wired my supertones using the supplied relay and fused line to the battery.

They draw a fair bit of current so I'd recommend wiring them that way.

Basically you tap one of the stock horn connectors, run that to one of the switch terminals of the relay, ground the other switch terminal. Then run a fused line (I used 15A IIRC, they'll blow a 5A instantaneously) to one of the switched relay terminals, and the other switched terminal to the +ve terminals on the horns. Ground the -ve terminals on the horns out the chassis and you're done.

I did it the same way, without any fuse, and so far, no problems (I've had them for almost a year).