PDA

View Full Version : gosh darn hatch!,it rattles......bad.

woofy
04-27-2006, 12:09 AM
so,my hatchs rattles over every little bump crack in the road and if i hit a bug....lol its rather annoying,ive had my friend sit in the back and pull it in and the noise stops ,what do i do to fix this promblem?

Legacy4Life
04-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Is it a kinda "sqeeking" that seems worse when the car is rolling? For instance over bumps on a corner...

If it is, I have the same problem. I think it's the lid not coming tight enough and losing some of the stiffness in the top frame.

I plan to change my shocks for the lid in the hope that this will help stiffen up the back end. For the moment, I have taken a couple of those sticky pads (that go on the bottom of chairs) and stuck them strategically on the lid so it puts more pressure between the lid and the weather stripping around the back. This has completely stopped the noise.

But it's only temporary because eventually the weather stripping takes the shape of the pad and you have to move it to a new location. I'll take a pic and post it.

Huffer
04-27-2006, 09:32 AM
You can adjust the lock bar on the rear frame in a little - that'll pull the hatch in.

Alternatively you can add some industrial foam around the sealing edges to provide some extra support.

The rattley hatch is problematic on the Imprezas - and the method above is what I did to resolve the problem.

FWIW, when I installed a rear strut brace, much of the rattling disappeared.

woofy
04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
it like smacks its like a quick metel on metel bash.ill try ur ideas