PDA

View Full Version : sill a sti version 5/6 DCCD guage cluster work in my 99

tecnica technician
05-12-2006, 01:17 PM
so I been seeing alot of these on the net and on ebay and I like the way they look. I was woudering if any one has tryed them in a L yet ? and if so is it a drect plug in or do I need to do some wireing mods?

Huffer
05-12-2006, 01:51 PM
I doubt it would physically fit, and I also don't think it would be plug and play - mainly because the odo in the Legacy is older "roller" style, and the v5/6 STi gauge cluster is digital.

WRX GC8
06-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I know this thread is old but i figured i'd post.

I have a v5 gauge cluster in my GC8 from the JDM car. And if you have a cable speedometer it's not plug and play. If you have an electric one like the 2.5rs came w/ stock, it is plug and play. But the JDM cluster only has kph on it.

To fix this i put in a modified speed sensor that send out a lower signal, making the kph gauge read mph.
It's def. a beautiful looking cluster, w/ the tach in the middle and the white background. But if you want it with your cable speedometer, be prepared to cut and splice up a wiring harness i'd assume.

Wiscon_Mark
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
technica tech. doesn't have a cable cluster, he's got a BD, I believe. So Impreza GC wiring = Legacy BD wiring?