PDA

View Full Version : How big of spekers can you jam in the doors of a BD?

ScaryFatKidGT
12-12-2012, 01:14 AM
7"? 8"? What mods need to be done? Can you fit an 8" without cutting a whole in the door panel?

I'm building an Audiophile system around a Pioneer 80PRS going 3 way active (2 way + sub), but I have so much bass I need something to be able to mesh with the subs when I want to have fun. So I need something that can POUND from like 65-70hz up but also meet with the tweets because I only have the ability to run 3 way I can't afford the 99PRS to go 4 way nor do I want to deal with finding a spot for another set of drivers.

Wiscon_Mark
12-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I would open up the door panels and measure the diameter of the panel that protrudes and cups the speaker opening.

Theoretically, you could do anything you wanted (within reason) if you had enough time and resources.

harrymaneuvers
12-12-2012, 07:59 PM
The largest you can fit in the opening is a 6.5" speaker without cutting anything. Even then... some speakers require spacers to give you enough room to clear the window when it is rolled down.

If you dont mind cutting/fabbing... you could put 15" subs in each door probably.