PDA

View Full Version : Subiesport Project 97 LGT

SubiesportEd
10-19-2006, 02:02 AM
So this is a brief "Hello" from Subiesport magazine. As managing editor and manger of our Project Legacy, I thought I would stop by and say HEY and tell you all what is up with our car.

It started off as an Auto NA beat to hell LGT, that, other than a leaking motor and some pretty beat paint, was in not too bad of shape.
We are building the car for Royal Purple and we will be debuting the car at SEMA. I am in the process of getting the car finished with a big help from Rallitek in Portland, OR.

The car already has a JDM Liberty Turbo RA-Spec 5-speed swap performed by All Wheels Driven in Bend, OR. PDXTuning gave us an exedy hyper single clutch (not made for the street).

We have a LONG list of parts and do-dads and I will post updates here (and on our forum on NASIOC) as we print installments. I will have some pics up soon but the car is getting a built motor, boost, suspension and a killer body. Hopefully by this time next week, it will be done and ready for SEMA. Stay tuned.

Mods, feel free to move this thread to where ever you feel it is appropriate.

sheepdog
10-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Welcome guys! I can't wait to see this car. I love swaps :wink:

You guys wouldnt by chance be looking for a dash swapped GC to write about would you?

oh, and post pics asap!

badbasser98
10-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Welcome to SLi :wink:

oh, and post pics asap!
+1 :wink:

Wiscon_Mark
10-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. I remember reading the article that introduced the project and had to giggle when you mentioned the headgaskets failing :lol:

If you post pictures, I will move this to the Member's Rides section, but it's a perfectly decent introduction too :smile:

Thanks for joining!

SubiesportEd
10-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I will post some after the issues are out after a while...
guess you will just have to go pick up a copy. And don't cheat and just thumb it at borders.

sheepdog
10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
haha deal.

shazapple
10-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Glad to see the big guys know about our little forum :smile: Cant wait to buy the new issue and see some legacy love!

LeggoMyLeggy
10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
^^^^^Amen to that!

deadlydave
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
sweet. sounds awsome!

Reason
10-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Glad to see you took my invite. I hope you can frequent out boards as much as possible. We need a plug in your magazine too! :wink:

Superu264
10-21-2006, 05:38 PM
We need a plug in your magazine too! :wink:

Not with typos like that.. :razz:

Sorry, I had to.

Reason
10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
We need a plug in your magazine too! :wink:

Not with typos like that.. :razz:

Sorry, I had to.

What do you mean?? :twisted:

Wiscon_Mark
10-21-2006, 06:24 PM
:lol:

The "edit" button strike again :twisted:

Reason
10-21-2006, 06:29 PM
:lol:

The "edit" button strike again :twisted:

shhh....

"The Edit Button Strikes again again"
-Mark :twisted:

SubiesportEd
10-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Well the car is running... kinda. It moves down the road all on its own but it needs a little laptop love, but it needs some more miles first.

Turbo sounds cool... you are all hella jealous. cause we're hella coo!

pdawg
10-24-2006, 08:51 AM

Must be nice to have an bottomless budget paid for by all us Subie fanatics.
Why not feature some Leggies from some of us on a budget. There are
quite a few on this site that should be gracing your pages.

Wiscon_Mark
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Well, I wouldn't say it's a bottomless budget, subiesport isn't huge.

But I'm not looking forward to anthony finding this thread.

pdawg
10-24-2006, 12:37 PM
But I'm not looking forward to anthony finding this thread.

I've been waiting.

SubiesportEd
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM

Must be nice to have an bottomless budget paid for by all us Subie fanatics.
Why not feature some Leggies from some of us on a budget. There are
quite a few on this site that should be gracing your pages.

it's so bottomless that I am painting the car in my garage with a rented compressor right now. damn it's cold too. Gonna take a while to dry between coats.

It's not the cheapest build in the world but it has been eye opening... going turbo aint cheap anyway you slice it though.

subyguy522
10-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Nice to have you here. I can't wait till the next issue. The "pretty in pink" Rex in the last mag was very cool. Did the girl that owned it do any of the work herself? Also, that tattoo she has is SICK.

subieyacht
11-03-2006, 02:33 PM
just got my mine in the mail today! i was stoked to finally se some work getting done on the car. im thinkin about sending you guys some pictures of mine for readers rides. so if you get some pics of a silver 98 lgt you should put me in!

sheepdog
11-03-2006, 03:00 PM
going turbo aint cheap anyway you slice it though.

you've got that right haha

Plays_with_Toys
11-03-2006, 03:18 PM
My friend was in one of the latest ones. She has a blue turbo legacy in readers rides. Also has a picture of her brat. She's a mech. engineering major like me.

xcntrk75
11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, I wouldn't say it's a bottomless budget, subiesport isn't huge.

Welcome aboard SL-I…

I keep waiting for the dirty details about this thing but you guys continue to clinch the specs, especially related to the engine/drivetrain… and I have the Dec issue already, no real spoilers there either…

Nevertheless.. want to race? :twisted:

sheepdog
11-03-2006, 07:08 PM

We never got to race either :(

Plays_with_Toys
11-04-2006, 12:05 AM

I'd like to see/read about that! :twisted:

subieyacht
11-04-2006, 01:36 AM
i would like to +1 that race. i think it would be a cool article. "battle of the BD's" hahahah you could round up a whole bunch of modded bd's. :grin:

Wiscon_Mark
11-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Get Cajual, Bakergtt, and Patrick Oslon (post H6 swap) in on that ;)

xcntrk75
11-04-2006, 12:05 PM
^^ That would be a blast.. Too bad we’d have to cover mileage across the entire US (and Canada) to make it happen :|

Back on topic; reading through the article again I noticed the concern with your front Whiteline swaybar designed for the NA model, and whether it will fit with a turbo crossmember? I too run all Whiteline gear (same stuff as this ride) except use their 22mm front swaybar designed for the JDM STi (GC body style). It clears the up-pipe hump in the crossmember and it works great! If your existing NA bar doesn’t fit, you can swap out to this model and remain with all whiteline suspension gear…

Whiteline Catalog:
BSF20Z: 22mm Front sway-bar WRX/STi GC 94-00

SubiesportEd
11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah, we are keeping details pretty close to the chest until we publish them, sorry you will have to wait until next issue. I will be doing a big article on it then. And yes, the whiteline swaybar did fit just fine but the strut bar does not any longer because there are "things" in the way.

And a race eh? You better be packing more than a VF39 and a TMIC if you want to run with me. Actually, I am still working out the bugs it still runs rough to say the least. Hopefully, I get some laptop love in the next day or so to iron out the running issues.

Stay tuned guys, it will be very cool I promise, the magazine world just does not move as fast as the internet.

pdawg
11-07-2006, 08:36 AM
And a race eh? You better be packing more than a VF39 and a TMIC if you want to run with me.

Sounds like a challenge to me. :twisted:

xcntrk75
11-07-2006, 08:55 AM
And a race eh? You better be packing more than a VF39 and a TMIC if you want to run with me.
I :lol: at your VF39 and tmic...

To use your expression "You better be packing an 11 second Legacy if you want to run with me". ;)

Wiscon_Mark
11-07-2006, 09:07 AM

hehehe.. :twisted:

Huffer
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
It's not always the machine, the biggest factor is who is turning the wheel... :lol:

SubiesportEd
11-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I got some guy to drive for me. His name is shoomaker or something, he keeps talking about this formula 10 racing or something like that. I can't ever understand him, he's got this CRAZY german accent... :razz:

sheepdog
11-08-2006, 01:05 AM
wierd. I wonder who he is? Like this Tommy Mackington or something guy i met, talking about his stupid evo....

blackgtbeauty
11-08-2006, 01:28 AM
if this keeps up i might have to unleash two and a half litres of naturally aspriated fury on you guys...

SubiesportEd
11-14-2006, 01:08 PM
See project LGT at Subiefest this weekend at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA Nov. 18. The car will be on display all day. See you at the show $7.50 to get in with drag racing a rally cross and a time attack.

xcntrk75
11-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Wish I wasn't 2,800 miles away or I'd be there ;)

kkushner4474
11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Just wondering but i dont know what you guys did with the fog lights off that thing and some one stole my drivers side one....so.....

SubiesportEd
01-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Check out the latest issue for updates on the car, I will then post a new thread in the appropriate place in a week or so. :wink:

Give you all time to read.

Perdue
01-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Sounds like Anthony and Patrick are outnumbered...time to head west boys. :lol:

Wiscon_Mark
01-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, but Ben is out here in the midwest...just balance it even and come here ;)

Perdue
01-07-2007, 04:57 PM
As long as you'll put me up for the night. I'll fly...the plane ticket will be cheaper :lol:

bakergtt
01-08-2007, 11:12 AM
We might see some twin BD turbos in a coming up issue....lol.....the Subiesport BD and mine :cool:

OutbackGT
01-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Just read the latest installment of the project. All that work and the trucker wrecks the front bumper so you couldn't go to SEMA. Ouch.

SubiesportEd
01-17-2007, 02:41 PM
yeah lots of suckage there. However, my garage paint job was just about as bad, but that is how these things go.

bakergtt
09-17-2007, 02:28 PM
anyone follow the Subiesport BD build?

I just got my first subscription issue and in the back it had some pics of the last little build ups and what nots.

What are your thoughts on this whole car? I hate to be mean but I am not impressed by this car. Nothing they have done is really that great to me. Maybe its just me becasue I have the same car and they are just building it to the way my car is. They have pretty much done things that have all been covered in this forum.

Reason
09-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Maybe because it's a Impreza friendly Subaru world. And some of these guys see a Legacy and say "oo I bet nobody done this to a Legacy" lol

The intentions are good, I like to follow the magazine a little better but I get bored reading about Imprezas and STi's all the time. Lets see some old school Subarus, let's see some more Foresters and all the badass Legacies out there!

Plays_with_Toys
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
anyone follow the Subiesport BD build?

I just got my first subscription issue and in the back it had some pics of the last little build ups and what nots.

What are your thoughts on this whole car? I hate to be mean but I am not impressed by this car. Nothing they have done is really that great to me. Maybe its just me becasue I have the same car and they are just building it to the way my car is. They have pretty much done things that have all been covered in this forum.

I think your car is better. I think xcntrk's is better. There are quite a few better builds on here. I think quite a few corners were cut on that build up, but I was happy to see the coverage. I just wish they had done more to polish up their project.

bakergtt
09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Both those cars are now in the North West :lol:

Maybe a quad BD (mine, subiesports, krazikens, whiteh2o formally xcntrk) can make an issue. They all have different setups (22t, crawford, sti, wrx). That would be a pretty cool issue. do a street test and a track test and see who gets 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th kinda like car and driver does on their shoot outs.

Just an idea

Reason
09-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Both those cars are now in the NorthWest :lol:

Maybe a quad BD (mine, subiesports, krazikens, whiteh2o formally xcntrk) can make an issue. They all have different setup. That would be a pretty cool issue.

That would be a crazy issue :twisted:

Wiscon_Mark
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
WhiteH20's car is STi based now too...modified WRX tranny & diffs though.

bakergtt
09-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Thats right.

It has a sti short block with other wrx parts....forgot

Plays_with_Toys
09-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I spoke too soon. Just read the new issue. Ok. I'm glad they worked on the car some more. The new paint and wheels goes a long way to completing the look of that car.

I'd love to see some of the guys' on heres cars featured as some of the main feature vehicles. I think the work put into them makes that honor well deserved.