PDA

View Full Version : A newbie howdy

89bk
12-09-2006, 05:11 PM
My first post here. Just got a '98 wagon last month, 2.2L, auto, silver with dark-tinted windows for the AZ sun. It's a great car, smooth and clean. I'll be upgrading it progressively to make it safer (suspension, brakes, wheels and tires, lights, etc). So, howdee from AZ! :cool: :lol:

Superu264
12-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Subaru from the west. Nice.

Welcome :cool:

Plays_with_Toys
12-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Howdy! A good set of foglights are an awesome upgrade for lighting since the headlights on these cars are so poor.

Superu264
12-09-2006, 06:44 PM
or JDM projector headlights (definitely worth the $200) :twisted:

Wiscon_Mark
12-09-2006, 07:34 PM
or JDM projector headlights (definitely worth the $200) :twisted:

I second that idea :smile:

89bk
12-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the greetings and suggestions, guys!

I am actually looking for those jdm projector lights and, after that, the jdm fog lights. I guess Ebay is the best place to find those, right? Or is there another source?

I just cleaned up a set of 16" snowflake wheels/tires that I got locally for a good price. And, wrx front brakes should be coming to me next week.

Last month I replaced the timing, AC, and PS belts, new plugs and wires, and installed GR-2 struts all the way around since the rears that came on the car were shot. Oil was changed with Mobil 1 (the original owner always used Mobil 1, which was a big factor in deciding to purchase the car). Oh, yeah, and a wax job. :lol:

My driver's seat is quite low, though. I'm using a cushion to raise me up a bit but I still need to go higher. So, I'll have to do some searching to see if there is a fix for it--like a wrx seat or something.

Then, maybe a little bit more power . . . ha! by that time I won't have anything to spend on the car for a while.

Wiscon_Mark
12-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Impreza seats will definitely sit you higher.

shazapple
12-10-2006, 12:59 AM
The seats are low even with the height adjustor all the way up?

Theres a thread around where I posted a picture with dimensions of the WRX seating in our car. It sits you a little higher than the tallest position on the stock seats.

I have a writeup in the DIY section about the JDM forlights. They work great and look better, but for the amount of work you put into it you could get a set of lights that work equally as good.

blackgtbeauty
12-10-2006, 01:11 AM
My driver's seat is quite low, though. I'm using a cushion to raise me up a bit but I still need to go higher. So, I'll have to do some searching to see if there is a fix for it--like a wrx seat or something.

1) How tall are you? my brothers 97 BD seats are really spongy so i sit kinda low (i'm 6' 2-3"ish) but not that low. Some newer Leg seats might do the trick, my 99 leather ones are a lot harder so i sit a fair bit higher in them.

2) I noticed you drive a 98 BK, but your screen name is 89 BK, just checking.

89bk
09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Ha ha, the last posts were 6 years ago and I'm just replying to them now (I was searching for something). I never got notified in my email so I never knew of the posts.

Shazzaple, the driver's seat has no height adjustment.

Blackgtbeauty, I'm 5' 7" with a short body. As regards my screen name, I mistyped it when setting up the account and never noticed it till some time later. Oh well . . .

I don't have the bk anymore -- gave it to a friend whose car couldn't get above 30 mph and needed one quart of oil every 10 miles. It had over 243K miles on it. I gave it to him mostly stock, save the modified intake system, GR-2 struts, Whiteline flatout springs, and a black wrx radio/ 6 cd unit. But I had sourced other parts for it-- 2005 driver's wrx seat with the high back, Morette headlights, Kouki replica grill, jdm foglights, jdm sidemarkers, jdm rear lights and centerpiece, stainless steel hatch grab bar, GT roof spoiler, 17" jdm B4 bronze wheels, wrx brakes, front strut bar, front and rear sway bars, stock sti catback. Most of those parts I still have in storage and will be selling them off soon.

Wiscon_Mark
09-18-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't know if I'd have bothered replying. Neither of these guys are active anymore.

89bk
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Well, it was fun for me posting the reply. :grin:

Wiscon_Mark
09-18-2012, 06:46 PM
:smt023

98legwag
09-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I think there are a few sets of jdm projector headlights for sale on this board. Check the classifieds. Oh and HI!

89bk
09-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi 98legwag! I used to have the jdm projector headlights but I sold them some years ago. I preferred the looks of the Morette headlights. In fact, I had two sets of them. Those sets were sold this year.

98legwag
09-20-2012, 10:54 AM
HAHA. I just realized this was started 6 years ago.....

89bk
09-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Yup! And I was six years late replying to the posts! :grin: