PDA

View Full Version : H & R Springs vrs Whiteline springs?

jjs316
04-14-2007, 12:03 AM
my struts are about shot so im going to replace them with some GR-2s and either H&R springs or a set of whiteline ones. Im looking for about 1.5-2 inches of drop and stiffer and better handling. maybe a little road race/track racing this summer.

I was wondering what some of your alls opinions are on the two, and if anyone is running either of the sets, let me know what you think of them. Thanks

galek_98gt
04-14-2007, 10:15 AM
i've got the h&r's. they're ok. i'm thinkin of changin the rears though with something about a half inch higher and stiffer.

jjs316
04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
No one running the whitelines? i got a few opinions on the H & Rs.

that one legacy
04-17-2007, 06:20 AM
if you were asking about that EJ1 civic of yours, i'd say H&R Sports hands down, no questions about it. i ran those springs on my EG8 for like three years, and absolutely loved them

for your BD though, i think if it were me, i think that if i found a good deal on the Whitelines, i'd go with that.

Kraziken
04-20-2007, 04:45 AM

I have Whiteline Control springs. If you want a 2" drop I think you might have to go to the Whiteline flat outs, which I've never tried.

I've been pretty happy with the Whitelines. If I had to switch I think the next step would be coilovers of some sort for me. Otherwise I think the Whitelines are fine springs.

d1giPhux
04-20-2007, 08:34 AM

I have Whiteline Control springs. If you want a 2" drop I think you might have to go to the Whiteline flat outs, which I've never tried.

I've been pretty happy with the Whitelines. If I had to switch I think the next step would be coilovers of some sort for me. Otherwise I think the Whitelines are fine springs.

How much of a drop do you have from the control springs? Do these ones also have the 'sag' in the rear problem? I've been thinking about suspension as well.. i just hate springs that make your car look like its sagging.. even if it is just an illusion. What did they run you? Also.. what year springs will fit the BD model cars anyways.. i saw these:

Kraziken
04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
How much of a drop do you have from the control springs? Do these ones also have the 'sag' in the rear problem? I've been thinking about suspension as well.. i just hate springs that make your car look like its sagging.. even if it is just an illusion. What did they run you? Also.. what year springs will fit the BD model cars anyways.. i saw these:

Supposely only 1 inch drop, but I think it is slightly more after the car settled. I specifically chose the Whiteline control because I wanted the LEAST amount of drop. I think every other brand lowers the car more.

Also the H&R, from the pictures I've seen, appear to have the rear end of the car lower than I would like. If that is what you mean by sagging, then, I'm not sure you would like the H&R.

I can't recall what I paid for them, it's been awhile. I ordered them from pdm-racing. You could drop them an e-mail to check on price. You'll see the model numbers for the springs on their site. I can't recall if their website prices are before or after American to Canadian conversion dollars.

d1giPhux
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Supposely only 1 inch drop, but I think it is slightly more after the car settled. I specifically chose the Whiteline control because I wanted the LEAST amount of drop. I think every other brand lowers the car more.

Also the H&R, from the pictures I've seen, appear to have the rear end of the car lower than I would like. If that is what you mean by sagging, then, I'm not sure you would like the H&R.

I can't recall what I paid for them, it's been awhile. I ordered them from pdm-racing. You could drop them an e-mail to check on price. You'll see the model numbers for the springs on their site. I can't recall if their website prices are before or after American to Canadian conversion dollars.

Yea.. i dont like the H&R's either.. too big of a drop, and its got the rear end sag. With the whitelines.. would it be possible to put wagon spring on the back just to MAKE SURE you dont get a rear end sag? Is that possible with the h&r's? I wonder what the diff in spring rate between the wagons / sedans are.

Kraziken
04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure if you could use the Wagon springs. It might be overkill.

I think with my control springs I already have a slight tilt forward toward the front. With Wagon springs you might get that old muscle car look. You know with the rear end jacked up real high.

Here is a picture of my car before my most extensive mods. It shows the drop difference between Whiteline control springs and a stock GT spring.

Note my tires are not factory size, they were slightly bigger. It was what came with my car when I bought it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/kraziken/DSCN1272.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/kraziken/DSCN1273.jpg

d1giPhux
04-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Is that pic or without the whitelines? Looks stock to me? Haha, id rather have the muscle car look then the grandmas-saggy-ass look. LOL.

jjs316
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
whiteline controls look like plenty of drop for me. Thanks for the pic comparison

Kraziken
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Is that pic or without the whitelines? Looks stock to me? Haha, id rather have the muscle car look then the grandmas-saggy-ass look. LOL.

That is with Whitelines installed. If you look at the fender gap between the tire and the fender, in the second pic you can see it is lower.

redlegacygt
04-21-2007, 11:06 AM
i just bought a set of whiteline flatout springs. I'll be sure to show before and after pics of both setups. These springs will also be going on with the gr2 struts..

d1giPhux
04-21-2007, 11:53 AM
i just bought a set of whiteline flatout springs. I'll be sure to show before and after pics of both setups. These springs will also be going on with the gr2 struts..

If you can, also let me know how they compare to stock ride stiffness / ride in general. I'm looking for something with a bit of lowering, but i really dont want to make it too harsh / stiff of a ride.

redlegacygt
04-21-2007, 07:17 PM
not a problem. i plan on seeing how they feel and if i dont like them, im just going to take them off and sell them for dirt cheap since i got a good deal on them.. but i'll definetly let you know the difference.

Kraziken
04-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I would be very curious to see the drop with the flatouts as well. I don't know too many people that have them.

redlegacygt
04-22-2007, 02:51 PM
yea thats one of the reasons i picked them up, i wanted to see how "flatout" they really are.. :lol: