PDA

View Full Version : Vibration noise from column?

jjs316
04-26-2007, 11:28 PM
When im driving around, at about 3000-3500 rpms there is a vibration noise coming from my steering column.

i can reach and push up on the bottom plastic piece and it will stop, let go and its starts again. this piece just clips on right, no screws to tighten or anything (none that i noticed...)?

or do you think something right inside it is vibrating against something and when i push up it holds it in place?

RadeOn
04-27-2007, 01:05 AM
this piece just clips on right, no screws to tighten or anything (none that i noticed...)?

There are 4 phillips head screws securing bottom column cover to top cover. Tighten those first :)

Huffer
04-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Another good solution it to apply some adhesive foam padding to inside of the trim panel, around the area where it contacts the column.

AussieDan
04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I managed to shut mine up by applying pieces of electrical tape to each of the clips that hold the 2 plastic pieces together.

If you take the upper and lower covers off you'll see that there are 4 spots where one has a clip and the other has a little bump that the clip latches to.

Putting electrical tape over the 'bump' will tighten up the fit and stop the noise. I really should have taken some pics when I had it apart...oh well.