PDA

View Full Version : Leaky trunk

Invisible_Soul
07-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Well my trunk leaks during hard rain/washing. The seal is fine, it's just on the driver side that it leaks a bit and is filling my spare wheel well up and it stinks.

I'm not sure if there is any adjustment I can make on the latches or if I should just add some sealant to the trunk lid in the leaky area to seal it up tighter.

Wiscon_Mark
07-17-2005, 12:10 AM
sounds like the water drain is leaking/overfilling...you know, the thing that siphons all the water down from the back windshield? I think you need to check that, maybe its overflowing into something it shouldn't be because something's clogged in it. Just a few guesses. Good Luck!

shazapple
07-17-2005, 04:31 PM
We had a similar problem with our Corolla. Turns out there wasnt enough caulking around the tail light and all the water leaked into the trunk through there. Try pouring some water on the drivers side light and see if some gets in.

Disturbed_beast
07-18-2005, 06:04 AM
I had that problem a while back and i found out it was comes from my tail light when i spread it with water, i took it out and put RTV to seal up the hole

SubaruGenki
07-19-2005, 04:33 PM
A buddy of mine had the same problem with his camry. sounds like taillights is the most common cause.

Invisible_Soul
07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
It's not in the lights. I washed my car w/ power washer and noticed that it was just coming from the drivers side, it's just before the wing and the seal is all good.

it drains fine it just in heavy rain or washing thats all.

I think that the trunk is not placed correctly and I might have to take it off and align it.

Pwise2326
07-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Give that a try, also go around the weatherstripping with some extra caulk to seal around it better, and if worse comes to worse try to isolate the area and "bulk it up" if necessary.