PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid

AJM
06-02-2007, 03:14 AM
I'm thinking about going soon and building up a hybrid at a junk yard...

Ej22 block
ej25 heads

I was just wondering If anyone else had ever done one of these?

My local Junk Yard is running a $99 special on engines including heads+manifolds (no acessories of course) I was thinking i'd go make a day of it, pull the heads of an ej25 and slap them on an ej22...or maybe two days of it. Then, I'd still keep my current ej22 whole as a back up motor. Still...even with core $125 for a hyrbid motor. Of course It wouldn't be done, I'd at least need new gaskets to be put in when I got it home along with new head bolts.\

Anyway, yes, i'd probably be turboing it soon.

Any thoughts?

Wiscon_Mark
06-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Turbo is the only practical application for that - you'd be lowering the compression. I'd say you should really really look for an EJ22T block.

Huffer
06-02-2007, 09:16 AM
If you can find an RS SOHC shortblock and mate to the DOHC heads, that's a nice combo.

AJM
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Turbo is the only practical application for that - you'd be lowering the compression. I'd say you should really really look for an EJ22T block.

That block is extremely rare in my area to find in a Junk Yard.

I would be turboing it.

Jedi Taxi
06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
You know, that would be a powerful and reliable engine with the turbo on it. The TD05G 14B turbocharger should suite you well. with those heads, you could then put on the knock-off 2.5L turbo header and WRX exhaust, then just re-weld the flanges on for the 14b turbo and TADA! fun as hell car to drive. Granted some work with the wastegate will be involved to get it to boost the way you want it. basically, just some washers (two at the most) after the wastegate on the bolt, then re-bolt it to the compressor housing. that'll allow you to controll the way you want it to boost up.