PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HP Plus pads for front and rear 95 Legacy L Wagon??

Bimmerman
06-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi guys,

I am getting pretty heavily involved with the local autocross community here and want to upgrade my brake pads. I've heard many great things about the Hawk HP Plus pads and am thinking of buying them. The only problem is that on hawkperformance.com they don't sell HP Plus front pads for the 95 legacy wagon but they do sell rears, while at boxer4racing.com they don't sell rear HP Plus but they do sell fronts. My question is a) who's right, b) will HP Plus pads from an impreza or forester fit my stock calipers and rotors, c) has anybody tried this combination before, and d) where can I get them for all four corners?

Thanks very much in advance,

Bimmerman

edit: changed HPS to HP Plus pads. Sorry about the typo.

Jedi Taxi
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Ehh...I hate to say it, but I think cardomain has both F+R up for sale.

My friend has hawks in the backof his 96 L and seems to think they're ok.

Bimmerman
06-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Whoops....meant to say HP Plus pads instead of HPS. Sorry for the confusion

Bimmerman
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
@Jedi Taxi- I looked at cardomain and they say that the HP Plus pads only work with 97-99 Legacys. Is there any difference in the brake system between MY 95/96 and MY 97-99 legacys? Also, what is the correct pad thickness? Thanks a bunch

Jedi Taxi
06-22-2007, 06:21 PM
basically, so long as your car has the stock 4 wheel disc brakes, and it isn't a GT, and it still has the stock calipers, it will work. the only one i consider that it might not work on is with the fronts. BUT the 97-99 brake pads (so long as it isn't rear drum) will work with the 95 96. PM wiscon mark, see what he says.

deadlydave
06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
You may want to look into EBC's array of special compound pads. I autocross on the greenstuffs (front and back) and they work really well. That being said, any non-GT 96-99 pads should fit any 95-99 non GT Legacies, to agree with Jed.

MCarp22
06-22-2007, 07:22 PM
An early L is going to have the single piston calipers and the smaller diameter rotors. As far as I know, hawk only lists them for the 2 piston caliper "15 inch" brakes.

AJM
06-22-2007, 10:36 PM
An early L is going to have the single piston calipers and the smaller diameter rotors. As far as I know, hawk only lists them for the 2 piston caliper "15 inch" brakes.

Wrong. My car is living proof.

LegacyRob
06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
check out www.raceshopper.com (http://www.raceshopper.com) they were extremely knowledgable helping me. They only deal with brakes and they have many different ones to choose from.

BE-Fresh
06-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I got mine front and rear from Tirerack.com