PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my tint

Payback45
11-11-2007, 02:44 PM
The mechanism that moves my window up and down I think is scratching my tint. I have tried to take the driver side door panel off but I just cant seem to get it off. I need some help. Does anyone have any pics of what need to be unscrewed or undone ect. 02 GT LTD BE

Plays_with_Toys
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
It's a common problem on the older subarus. If your car is the same its a felt circular pad that rolls it up and down.

Payback45
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Gotcha. Can someone give me an idea as to how to get the door panel off?

dodik
11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
are you sure its scratching tint cause both of my cars have scratches on the glass from the outside i think its just a down side for not having a frame around glass,
to remove door panel you need to take out two screws i think one in the door hande and another one in the door open handle they covered by plastic covers then pop up one more plastic clip from where door meets the dash, then slowly start poping the hole panel from below i usually start from where the light is when you pop all of them out push panel up, it should be in the air by now and disconnect all wires behind it and that should be it, there was another thread about this somewhere around here try searching for it.

JPaul99GT
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
mine scratches the tint on the inside. i knew it would happen because the glass was tinted before i even got the tint put on.