PDA

View Full Version : Why does this tape keep ejecting?

Xoth
08-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I decided to purchase one of those CD/MP3 Player converters that you use through the tape deck. You know, where you put the cassette in and it has a wire attached to it that you plug into the headphone jack of your CD or MP3 player? Well, my cassette deck keeps ejecting the tape. It says 'play' and then about 5 seconds later, it ejects it automatically. Does anyone know what's causing this? :cry: I'd hate for it to be 6 dollars down the drain :lol:

Reason
08-09-2008, 11:24 PM
You try both sides? wow, tapes lol

jey
08-12-2008, 04:37 PM
I decided to purchase one of those CD/MP3 Player converters that you use through the tape deck. You know, where you put the cassette in and it has a wire attached to it that you plug into the headphone jack of your CD or MP3 player? Well, my cassette deck keeps ejecting the tape. It says 'play' and then about 5 seconds later, it ejects it automatically. Does anyone know what's causing this? :cry: I'd hate for it to be 6 dollars down the drain :lol:

Does your tape deck play any other tapes? My tape deck must have a worn out sensor such that it does spit out any tape (or tape converter) when it's really cold out. After messing with it a little it does finally take the tape.

reckless
08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
If you havent already, try rewinding the tape, that worked for me with my cassette adapter! You can rewind it yourself just using you finger

Airgne
08-13-2008, 01:19 AM
tapes? :smt017 is that like 8track?

Reason
08-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Thats awesome, I should get a tape deck, I still have some sick mix tapes.

jey
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
It can also help to clean the tape deck with a cleaning tape. Mine was getting horribly noisy and fussy, and I finally thought to clean it tonight and it works almost like new now :lol:

sikbyrd350
09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
cassette casing is a bit tight, I had the same problem with quite a few adapters in the 1990's and just recently again when I got my 99 Legacy. I slightly pulled the casing apart to loosen it and it worked fine.

greenleg88
11-09-2008, 02:55 PM

well since you cant just flip it over cuz of the wire. put it in there and while it sas playing.. hold rewind for at least a minute i guess... and that should do it....

jasonandliz
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Does any other cassette play fine in the player? If it does the same thing with regular audio cassettes, the drive belt inside of the unit is either stretched or broken which in turn will spit out you cassette or cassette adapter. If this is the case, you need to replace the headunit since it is not worth fixing.

97legacygt
11-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I didn't know this many people still used tape cassettes. :shock: