PDA

View Full Version : Blow off valve

96wagonzilla
11-19-2008, 11:08 PM
I have a 1995 WRX. I am trying to install a blitz super sound blow off valve on my car, but every time I connect the vacuum line, the car bogs down and even stalls out sometimes. What causes this? Does anyone know?

jey
11-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you have a bad/leaking BOV. You can try removing it and pressing on the plunger with your fingers - see how much resistance it has - compare it to stock. Is the BOV new or used?

96wagonzilla
11-20-2008, 07:08 PM
The plunger has plenty of resistance. I cant figure it out. It seems like once I connect the vacuum line to it, something closes off on the inside.

rougeben83
11-21-2008, 12:56 AM
You usually stall at idle with a BOV when there's not enough spring tension on the plug for the BOV to go against vacuum. Try increasing the resistance on the plunger until your idle is stable, then add a couple of turns after that so it can hold whatever boost youre running. Then fine adjust the tension accordingly after you test drive if you're getting some compressor surge or no holding boost from partial and full throttle application.

You can search youtube, there's a lot of vids about adjusting BOV's and what to look/hear for...

96wagonzilla
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
awesome, thanks man. I appreciate the info.