PDA

View Full Version : POLITICS.

01-01-2009, 06:54 PM
okay, im not the most political 19 year old in the world.. in fact i can almost care less but this is ridiculous....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRBLi-Th4lk

was he here on september 11th? if not im sure he'll see another one prety soon...and why is he taking away our second amendment? 1.20.2009 = terrorist attack. i heard he was cutting off shore drilling too? that'll shoot gas up again...but higher now. so the only "change" that i've heard him promise is change for the worse. im probably shady on most of these facts but in my blurred and young mind, this guy is a horrible choice to lead america.

and i really dont see why everyone hates bush, im nuetral on this, like seriously.. i dont really care but im sick of hearing bush bush bush bush bush sucks, but i really would like to see any of the "regular" average american be president, he has an ivy league education and a high iq plus if he got elected twice he must have done something right...

the end. feel free to flame the shit out of me..like i said i dont care :smt023

nipper
01-01-2009, 08:06 PM
I TAKE BACK MY VOTE!

brain fart, i thought that was George Washington. Out of all them i would think Washington and Lincoln followed by Kennedy. Unfortunitly with a President you never know if thier policies are working untill the 2nd term. It takes time for things to happen.

nipper

decke48
01-01-2009, 09:36 PM
its going to be too democraticly controlled . that theres major democratic control with the house, congress, president maybe to much. though will see. bush wasnt that bad. he had his poor choices but some good. though what i didnt like is his immigrant laws. i got deported about 4 months into when i moved here because my VISA wasnt liked by customs when i tried to go into canada. so after a long trip to the netherlands and a trip to the us embassy. to say wtf? :smt013 took some paperwork and a renewed VISA. the one thing i like is they sent me first class back here

Huffer
01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
To be fair, Bush arrived in office right when 9-11 happened. Can you imagine what that was like?
And he stuck around for a 2nd term. Even Rudy Guiliani "man of the hour in NYC" took off for the guest speaker circuit.
People wanted an "action man" for a leader. Now they wanted someone more moderate, someone a little more charismatic.

You can't really have a "best worst" president contest. The challenges of the 70s are far different than the challenges of the 80s, 90s, 2000s or even 2010.

I wouldn't want the job, that's for sure.

decke48 - your deportation is a subset of a larger issue... likely you got caught up in bureaucratic red tape, rather than a direct malicious action by the president. It's happened to me too, and my sister. It's unfortunate, but you stayed so this place can't be all bad? :)
And now you're on the way up - SLi moderator is the start of greatness! ;)

decke48
01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
its aint to bad. lol moving up in the world, you say?
bureaucrat's :mad:

pdawg
01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
No Ronald Reagan. He was the best take no shit president we have had in my life time.