PDA

View Full Version : Budget HD Radio Add-On Questions

Okin DaVanh
01-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm bored in my car... bottom line.

I'm currently looking at an inexpensive (ie. $60-$65) quick fix to my commute. I'm currently running and keeping the factory Panasonic double deck/din. I like it and it's somewhat stealth. It's less appealing to the peeps who'd like to borrow a nice 1@ 3am and never return it :wink: .

I was looking into units similar to this:

http://static.zoovy.com/img/gooddeals18/-/D/dmhd1000.jpg

It's a Directed DMHD1000.

My questions:

1-- Could I get something similar with more options for around the same price? (Might as well ask, right :-? )

2-- How's the overall sound quality difference when interfacing with the factory radio?

3-- Anything else in particular I should look at when buying one?

Please keep in mind that I want to keep as much of my interior looking factory. Right now, I've swapped all 4 door speakers w/ Alpine and I currently have an RCA adapter, Amp and single 10" sub hidden under cargo cover. The sound quality in the cabin is already clear.

I don't know alot about the quality between set ups, but I'm willing to learn a bit more

01-25-2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.zune.net/NR/rdonlyres/B7E9952C-46D8-438F-B22E-BF970E4942AE/0/147x260_zune120GB.png
Microsoft Zune

get this.. its a bit more $ but come on.. why suffer through the mysteries and advertisements of today's radio when you can control what you listen to with your very own hands..

this handy little device not only has standard radio stations accessable but also contains many features such as custom playlists consisting of YOUR VERY OWN MUSICC!!!!

portable and fun so you can take yer tunes with you wherever you need them...

in the scoob
on the bike
jogging
walking
watching the kids
browsing the net
jogging to the bike to go fix the scoob while the kids that your watching are walking to browse the net...

dont delay, buy today...

Okin DaVanh
01-25-2009, 02:48 PM
get this.. its a bit more $ but come on.. why suffer through the mysteries and advertisements of today's radio when you can control what you listen to with your very own hands..

this handy little device not only has standard radio stations accessable but also contains many features such as custom playlists consisting of YOUR VERY OWN MUSICC!!!!

portable and fun so you can take yer tunes with you wherever you need them...

in the scoob
on the bike
jogging
walking
watching the kids
browsing the net
jogging to the bike to go fix the scoob while the kids that your watching are walking to browse the net...

dont delay, buy today...

:lol: I've already got an MP3 player/Ipod. I'd like to hardwire something in and leave it there. Variety is also a plus when you got HD or Sat.

jey
01-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I didn't think the factory radio had a line-in input...

Okin DaVanh
01-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I didn't think the factory radio had a line-in input...

The one I posted is universal.

From their website:

Details:

* universal add-on HD Radio tuner
* connects to factory and aftermarket stereos
* receives multicasting content (where available)
* song title/artist info and other text content appears on control panel display
* wired FM modulator
* stereo RCA outputs

And as for what ZuesMarine was saying, is to use a cass. adapter with the Zune.

xXGTBspecXx
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
dude i had a HD radio its just abunch of talk stations around here which is gay.. id suggest XM its awesome. when i worked at honda i listened to the xm radio in th new crv for hours.. till i had something to do