PDA

View Full Version : No RUNNING (tail) lights

Reason
05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Every damn light works but my running (tail) lights. So driving at night is a problem. An ideas on what could be wrong will be great. The bulbs are fine and the fuses are straight. I talked to 2 Subaru places and they don't know why. We discussed relays but the directional would be out too, but they are fine. Any input would be great, I cant drive my car to and from work at night. My CRX is illegal and the clutch is going.

Tokio
05-05-2005, 06:10 PM
there must be an open in the brake wiring...get a multimeter and do resistance tests to track it down.

Reason
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM
OK, I feel like an ass. I don't know why but I said my brakes lights are out. It's the running lights that are out lol. So let me try this again.

I have all my light but the RUNNING (tails) lights. I DO have brake lights. My tails wont light until you hit the brakes. Again I feel stupid for the original post.

Pwise2326
05-11-2005, 12:01 AM
It's alright, its expected from you... :twisted: But seriously bust out that multimeter and test the ends of the bulb connections or wherever just as Tokio said. Find yourself a good wiring diagram and figure out which wire runs where to the back if you can get any access to it to inspect it, make sure it didn't get split when your girl crunched your car.

kiwi Rs
06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Are your dash (background lighting ) lights going. ?

Mine were out to last week or so. There was a short in some exposed wires behind the stereo. It was just blowing the fuse though. But the dash lights were on the same circut as the tails.

Wiscon_Mark
06-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Maybe your relays are corroded, and they won't handle the power to the running lights, but when you put some more juice thru them (like braking, cause they're significantly brighter) they will still work.
Just a muse. Probably not it.
I tried :lol:

Reason
06-13-2005, 12:17 AM
I switched relays and still nothing. I didn't get a chance to work on it this weekend. I opted to work on my brothers new bike (Kawasaki ZX9R). Maybe sometime this weekend I will mess around with it. I been working alot to put some money away to fix the body and by a bike. As soon as I find out what is wrong I will post up on it.

2deadlegs
06-13-2005, 01:41 AM
here is what you do. Make a jumper from a POS (+) under the dash to the fuse for the tails. See if you get anything... If not check your grounds.