Went to a nice country wedding last night
    After the drive there and home the car is covered in bug splatter

Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassO.G.5000 Experience Points
    Loving the BP The JDM Lights totally Transform the Rearend
    1999 Legacy GT Wagon 5SPD (Stella)" Race Wagon"
    V7 STI Drivetrain, STI 6MT, R180, Brembos, JDM EJ205 "Big port AVCS", Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, a lot of JDM Parts and much much more...
    2006 Legacy 2.5i Wagon A/T SWP SE "Slow Wagon" 20% Tint, JDM Tails, JDM Rear Fog, GT Leather
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1998 Legacy L Wagon
    @TylerHartman on Instagram
    http://www.facebook.com/hartman.tyler
    Thanks Tyler

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerhartman View Post
    Loving the BP The JDM Lights totally Transform the Rearend
    Thanks man, I always love hearing that

I've been following your 2nd gen build as 2nd gen GT's are a personal favorite of mine (and everyone else on this site lol)
    But whats with the 2006 2.5i Leg wagon in your signature? pics? build thread? it sounds like my cars white twin

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by iampetro View Post
    Thanks man, I always love hearing that

I've been following your 2nd gen build as 2nd gen GT's are a personal favorite of mine (and everyone else on this site lol)
    But whats with the 2006 2.5i Leg wagon in your signature? pics? build thread? it sounds like my cars white twin
    I love every car on here, the variety of the builds is awesome!
    I just bought it last week sight unseen on eBay in California, It shipped out Thursday morning. I'll have a thread once I get the car later this week Not doing a whole alot, a few things like you in time. Tail Lights, Tint, headlight mod, etc..

UPDATE! I made a thread so I don't clog yours up
    Last edited by Tylerhartman; 05-28-2016 at 08:14 PM. Reason: UPDATE! ADDING INFO
    V7 STI Drivetrain, STI 6MT, R180, Brembos, JDM EJ205 "Big port AVCS", Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, a lot of JDM Parts and much much more...
    2006 Legacy 2.5i Wagon A/T SWP SE "Slow Wagon" 20% Tint, JDM Tails, JDM Rear Fog, GT Leather
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1998 Legacy L Wagon
    Thanks Tyler

Level
    Achievements:
    Well last summer I didn't put any money into the car other than a simple oil change

I just ordered Brake pads and rotors and I'm going to get the brake fluid changed
    In addition I need 1 winter tire fixed (slow leak/bad seal)
    And I'm going to have the garage poke around and see how the old girl's doing

Since it became my wife's and sons primary car it no longer has the showroom clean interior I strived for when I was driving it. There's stains on almost every seat now and sunscreen in the fabric here and there. I really have to take a weekend to restore its glory.

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsOverdriveO.G.Recommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    What brake pads and rotors did you go for?

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 98legwag View Post
    What brake pads and rotors did you go for?
    I went with akebono pads on a recommendation from my parts guy.
    And cheap white box rotors. The parts will run me around $300

And today I took the cover door off the centre consol cubby and my GPS fits and looks a million times better
    It's wedged snug in place and next weekend I'll finally run tr wire around the back

Level
    Achievements:
    So when I need work on the car done i have a few options.
    Simple stuff I do myself.
    Subaru specific stuff I go to the dealer
    Subaru specific stuff that's really expensive I go to the shop that did my head gaskets
    And basic car stuff I go to a place 2 blocks away from work <-most convenient shop

I've brought 3 different cars to the shop close to my work, going there fr probly 8+ years

I call them today to book my brakes and they say they don't install other people's parts :/
    I asked for a quote from them to do my brakes and he said he'd call me back

20 min later I sent them an email asking why they won't install my parts
    Is it that they just won't warranty there parts because they didn't provide them?
    That's fine, I bought quality parts and am having a quality garage install them. I'm sure I won't need the warranty.

2 hours later I get an email from them with no response to my question.
    Only a well detailed quote for the brake work showing me that the parts cost from them is more then double what I paid
    I get it, they mark up the parts and mark them up again to make up for the warranty
    That's the whole reason I bought the parts myself.

I'm totally fine with the labour they say the would charge for the job in the quote.

Did I just catch someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?
    I called 5 min after they opened and the phone rang 10 times...

The place is top notch. 23 reviews on google, 4.8star rating
    And I've been going there for so many years

I know they do custom work, so how is this any different?

If I bought an exhaust or rims or big brake kit would they not install it for me? Cause I know they do that.

Any way I need the oil change bad and need my 1 tire fixed so I'm bringing it in on Thursday and I'll talk to the owner and see what's up cause that phone call first thing in the morning really pissed me off today.

Level
    Achievements:
    So I had the car in the shop today

Talked with the owner and although I don't agree with it, it's his business and if he wants to turn away work for such a strange reason then that's his choice. He said they used to do brakes people brought in but had a few cases of people bringing cheap parts that didn't fit properly or were for the wrong vehicle. Sucks for me and I wanted to tell him how stupid it was but I didn't want to burn my bridges with one of the better shops around so I'll just go somewhere else for my next oil change and have them do the brakes.

The shop did fix my rattle though
    It wasn't a failing timing belt component, it was the heat shield at the first cat
    So I was pretty happy that was a cheap fix

And I got my winter tire fixed and oil change that I desperately needed

Next I want to replace my cabin filter again. It's been 3 or 4 years
    When I drop the glove box to do that I'll run my GPS wire behind the dash and finally finish my GPS install.

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    So I had the car in the shop today
    Talked with the owner and although I don't agree with it, it's his business and if he wants to turn away work for such a strange reason then that's his choice. He said they used to do brakes people brought in but had a few cases of people bringing cheap parts that didn't fit properly or were for the wrong vehicle.
    This seems to be a growing attitude at shops I deliver to. Not only can they mark the price up on parts, but they run less risk to their reputation and insurance if they install parts they know are correct. Makes it tough on me, since I get a massive employee discount that's under their cost for parts. Only way I can afford to fix mine sometimes.
    2002 Outback H6 VDC "Blitzen 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster6
    A sherpa could rip ass somewhere high up in the Himalayas and my Prius will be blown almost off of the road.

Level
    Achievements:
    With my sisters boyfriends new car

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    i swear your legacy almost looks lowered, and the window visors make it almost more aggressive.
    As per the brakes you should have given them a shot your self, super easy to do and you save loads of $$ once you got the wheel off its 4 bolts and bam pads and rotors are done!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LeggyxPower View Post
    i swear your legacy almost looks lowered, and the window visors make it almost more aggressive.
    As per the brakes you should have given them a shot your self, super easy to do and you save loads of $$ once you got the wheel off its 4 bolts and bam pads and rotors are done!
    I know, if it had +200k Km's I'd think the suspension was dropping but with only 108k I don't think that's the case.
    And I don't smoke, I just always thought that vent visors gave an aggressive look to any car you put them on so that's exactly the look I was going for. I'm very happy with the cars appearance.

I still have my brake parts and like you said I know I can do them easily so I've been thinking of doing them myself, it just doesn't NEED to be done yet and I can probly get a decent amount of life left out of the current ones.

I look at this car everyday and think of offering the guy $500-600 for it. Then I could be back in the 5spd 2nd gen game
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/o...ationFlag=true

Level
    Achievements:
    I still dont use the Legacy much since its my wifes main car now
    I noticed this earlier today...

im no expert but I'd lean more towards she hit something rather than something hit her.
    She has no idea how it got there and i believe that, oh well its no biggie

It'l probly buff out for the most part in the summer

Level
    Achievements:
    Well the legacy will be mine once again

Our search for a good tribeca ended and failed
    One would have been nice but a minivan just makes so much more sense for our family

We signed for a Black 2017 Honda Odyssey EX yesterday. Brand new just arrived on the truck, has 10km on it
    For us it was between the Odyssey and the Sienna(not AWD version)
    It was already a stretch to go brand new and we didnt want the price jump to AWD, after owning subarus I dont care for someone elses inferior AWD system + it has run flats with no spare. I dont want run flats and I definitely want a spare just incase. The honda was cheaper on insurance and the dealer knocked the price down a good amount for us

The sienna was great but the odyssey edged it out in almost every comparison
    Sienna had more power but you couldnt tell driving the 2 but the siennas steering/suspension was very bouncy and floaty
    I watched 5 consumer report/car and driver type type comparisons on youtube and 4/5 gave the win to the honda
    the only 1 that toyota won was a winter track comparison with the AWD toyota vs FWD honda. no surprise at all that it won that one
    Honda had our exact model and colour in stk where as toyota would have had to order one which could have taken months
    The market is so crazy strong for used vans (that aren't dodges) here that any good ones are gone the day they're listed
    and because of that market the used ones are really expensive. I dont want to save 25% off a new car to get a 4-5year old one with 80-100K km's

We safely project about 7-8k km's a year we'll put on it so even if we dont like it after a few years we can ditch it and people will line up to buy it with such low milage

Very happy and can't wait to pick it up early next week.
    Then I get my legacy back! after 2 years of car seats and crumbs I can't wait to clean it up to my standards

The 3 dealerships I asked all offered $200 trade in for the forester lol
    I'm keeping it and might start trying to sell some of the rare JDM parts that I can take off and still drive the car around (spoiler,grill)
    The interior in it is beautiful so i thought about getting a single junk yard drivers seat and putting that in so I can sell the interior complete
    I dont need to sell it and I dont want to sell it but if i have a 3rd car its gonna need to be a 5spd so its gotta go eventually

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Hey, I will never say anything bad about an Odyssey. those are good vans, and have a history of being good.

And, I mean...

Also, is the Foz still running and driving well?
    2002 Outback H6 VDC "Blitzen 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster6
    A sherpa could rip ass somewhere high up in the Himalayas and my Prius will be blown almost off of the road.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    is the Foz still running and driving well?
    lol, it was

funny story
    Yesterday i'm scheduled to pick the van up at 430
    while driving to get lunch My AT OIL TEMP light started flashing and didnt stop

all seemed fine dispite the light, and the light came on every time i started the car and didnt go away at any point
    but while driving home after work an hour before I take delivery of the van the transmission lost all gears but 3rd ( i assume a default safty mode for the trans since the light was still blinking)
    My wifes father was driving us to pick the van up so we could drive home in it together and when we left home to go to the dealership he backed into the forester with his car!

So its like yesterday the forester knew it was being replaced.

I havent inspected the damage from him backing into it yet because i'm afraid to look and i'm not gonna be driving it much until this tans problem is solved...

It's funny that it all happened on the same day we were getting the new car, crazy timing.
    And im so happy it all happened after making our choice, if it happened before we would have been more pressured to act fast and might not have been as comfortable with our purchase but we are very happy with our decision

Level
    Achievements:
    I gave the legacy interior a proper cleaning after emptying all the kids stuff out of it. It looks like new again
    Driving it to work is sooo much quieter then the forester and it feels much faster

I inspected the forester and the lightbar took the full impact
    Where the bar mounts against the bumper there's an impression now but it's really not too bad.

I moved the forester off the street and into my garage and the AT temp light didn't come on so that's awesome
    The day it came on we had a record rainfall
    I wondered if the rain and moisture led to a random 15 year old wire or ground eventually corroding and giving me the warning light because of that. Could be a stretch but I'll monitor everything for the next while

I ordered some AVS vent visors for the odyssey
    $107 delivered to my door compared to the almost $400 the dealer was charging
    We just got home and it now has 99km
    It's my first brand new car and it still doesn't seem real.

Level
    Achievements:
    The Legacy was spotted

I Need these Visor vents so bad, Looking good
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1998 Legacy L Wagon
    Thanks Tyler

Level
    Achievements:
    I picked up a set of front driver and passenger weather tec mats today. They're nearly new
    Got the guy down to $60 and he was directly on my route home from work so that was perfect.

The summer rims and tires are on and it's riding really good on the road
    Quiet and straight and everything tight.

The GPS is in the van now so I re-installed the centre cubby door.
    It was cool but I never looked at it and it. It's better off in the family vehicle and I don't plan on getting another to replace it.

I also got a free used gopro I've been using as a dashcam so that's been cool. Haven't caught anything good yet on it though

These days I use the legacy and forester 50/50
    Pretty much take each car to work every other day to keep them both running smooth

Level
    Achievements:
    Today was a productive day for the wagon

Changed the oil. It was 9.5 months old but had only gone 4000km so it was surely due

Used a magic eraser and boiling water to clean the weather tech mats back to day 1 clean. They're perfect

And used my bottle of "scratch doctor" on my front bumper scuff

Before

After 1 application

After 2nd application
    The white splotch is a reflection off the ground from the nice mirror effect of the paint
    I dropped a bit of the stuff I was using on the ground but it looks like its on the bumper

Very happy with the results. Not perfect but it's as good as its gonna get

I tried to fix my sticky hatch handle but spraying lithium grease all up in its business didn't seem to work so that will be left for another day

Level
    Achievements:
    I changed the engine air filter and the cabin air filter today
    They were both pretty bad

Next I need to try detailing it for the first time
    I've never done anything but a simple wash to my cars and the wagon deserves some extra love

I'm really enjoying having it back and getting everything back in tip top shape

Level
    Achievements:
    Since I can't use the forester the Legacy has been seeing some dirty jobs this week

Hauling 10x 66lb bags of crushed rock

before

after

and some lumber

Level
    Achievements:
    Hauling patio stones
    stupid Forester, i wish i could use you for this kind of job

This is around 560lbs in the trunk

Level
    Achievements:
    Looking good! I think you need to pop them headlights out one of these days and ditch that amber marker
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1998 Legacy L Wagon
    Thanks Tyler

Level
    Achievements:
    Another clean bill of health from the shop today

Since I didn't know the history of any major fluids except the coolant (3yrs old) I had it in for all new fluids

Oil
    Coolant
    Brake fluid
    Power steering
    Transmission fluid
    Front and rear diffs

I think that was it...

It almost felt like it was rubbing on sharp turns in parking lots, that's gone now
    The engine and trans seem more responsive

It's good to have my legacy back and it's driving great again so I'm happy

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    The transmission fluid you replaced was likely causing torque bind, which is the "tightness" you were feeling in tight turns. Only happens on the AT's.
    If you haven't done so already, drain a little (like less than a quart) of ATF and pour in a bottle of LubeGard ATF Protectant. It lowers the operating temp of the transmission - which keeps the shifts smoother and quicker, with less heat build up. I've saved at least 8-10 automatic Subaru's this way.
    - Roger - Site Admin
    My signature is now a shout-out to the SLi veterans who keep this site flowing with good knowledge and informative opinion. You KNOW who you are, so keep it up!
    USDM 04 LL Bean H6 Wagon - TANK
    USDM 98 GT Wagon - Pandgrish - RIP; USDM 98 GT Sedan - 216k RIP; NZDM 99 GF8 - retired
    USDM 07 Honda Odyssey - Mrs Huffer;
    Live Like No One Else - Debt Free

Level
    Achievements:
    The legacy has felt amazing since the work I had done in september.
    More responsive and its a change from that tired old forester

Same old boring backdrop but I took a couple pics today of the rarely clean wagon

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast