Thread: tune ej22-25

tune ej22-25

Hello everyone this is my first post. I currently own a 98 legacy wagon with an EJ22 (great reliable engine but soooo slow, will be swapping a 25D in the next couple months) anyway, i hear our 95-98 EJ22, and EJ25D's are impossible to tune. So the other day i called up delicious tuning in Escondido, CA. They told me they can't tune USDM hitachi, bosch, etc... ECU's only JECS ECU's, i've been doing alot of research and apparently the JDM EJ25D came with a JECS ECU,which can be had on ebay all day for like 60 bucks. From what i am hearing the EJ25D ECU is interchangable between 95-98 EJ22-25. So my question is can anyone confirm that these statement are true?

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Re: tune ej22-25

True that the jecs are the only tuneable ones from what I've read... but it's not that easy. I'm researching this myself, and it requires you tracking down an tuneable daughter board to attach to the ecu, it requires that particular ECU's definitions to be known, and I can guarantee there will be no definitions for any 250t. EJ20G, yup, 250t, no. And last spanner in that plan is that the BG9A 3-plug will likely be the only ECU with the socket, the post 96 250t's have their TCU integrated with the ECU in a one plug style ECU. I highly highly doubt you could put a chip in that.