Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: Go Mifune's '97 L Wagon

  1. #121
    SLi Lurker nepbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    425
    Points
    4,626
    Level
    43
    Points: 4,626, Level: 43
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Haha, yeah, my shoulders were a bit sore today too, but I was trying to convince myself that it was because I split a bunch of wood in the afternoon too, i would've been fine otherwise . That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! LOL

  2. #122
    SLi O.G. Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lebanon, CT
    Posts
    2,239
    Points
    10,032
    Level
    66
    Points: 10,032, Level: 66
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Hahaha! awesome pic, guys!

    You make me want to try out the new karting facility near me and Rkrenicki. But it's not cheap....
    Ivan - 1995 Legacy L wagon. Silver. 5mt.
    1997 Legacy Brighton wagon. White. (Parts car, scrapped.)
    Grace - 1995 Legacy L wagon. WGM. (Sold for scrap. RIP.)
    Luna - 1993 Honda Civic Del Sol Si

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster6
    A sherpa could rip ass somewhere high up in the Himalayas and my Prius will be blown almost off of the road.

  3. #123
    "Proby" Go Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    221
    Points
    3,530
    Level
    37
    Points: 3,530, Level: 37
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Go for it! It worked out to $25 each for twelve minutes of track time. Not cheap in my present situation but as I get older, the memories become more valuable than the money.
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

    "You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer

  4. #124
    SLi Lurker nepbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    425
    Points
    4,626
    Level
    43
    Points: 4,626, Level: 43
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Mifune View Post
    Go for it! It worked out to $25 each for twelve minutes of track time. Not cheap in my present situation but as I get older, the memories become more valuable than the money.
    It was about that cost for each race for the two of us, since we did it twice we each got about 24 minutes of drive time for $25-$30, about a buck/minute, not too shabby. Not that I am going to try to go slower to get more for my money, lol.

    I think you get a little less bang for your buck at the other tracks around, but I'm not sure. Unser Racing I've been to once, it's a shorter track with slower speeds and costs more, but it's smoother. There is another track near Centennial airport IIRC, no idea on it. Then I just learned that there are some indoor electric karts in Highlands Ranch, might be worth checking those out. Also, I'm pretty sure you can do karts at IMI motorsport complex, but those run $5-$7/lap (1 mile track or so).

    My wife said she wants to try out karting at some point, I've got to take advantage of that enthusiasm while it lasts!

  5. #125
    "Proby" Go Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    221
    Points
    3,530
    Level
    37
    Points: 3,530, Level: 37
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
    Not that I am going to try to go slower to get more for my money, lol.
    If you went say, 3 1/2 seconds per lap slower, my enjoyment would be greatly enhanced. After thinking about it, the prices are reasonable. It's just that my wallet is always thin this time of year. Buying tires may get delayed as I need to redeem myself at the kart track. I wouldn't expect to equal your time but within a second would be a worthwhile goal. I'm a slow learner but eventually the fog clears. I'll look up IMI as that sounds cool.

    Something interesting is that driving my Legacy on track feels remarkably close to playing Gran Turismo in my living room but cornering the kart is so physical that the similarity falls away. I need a kart with power steering... and maybe a cup holder.

    Do bring your wife karting! We had some women in the Porsche Club that were quite good drivers. I was hoping that Simona De Silvestro was going to make it in Formula One but something didn't mesh.
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

    "You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer

  6. #126
    SLi Lurker nepbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    425
    Points
    4,626
    Level
    43
    Points: 4,626, Level: 43
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Mifune View Post
    If you went say, 3 1/2 seconds per lap slower, my enjoyment would be greatly enhanced. After thinking about it, the prices are reasonable. It's just that my wallet is always thin this time of year. Buying tires may get delayed as I need to redeem myself at the kart track. I wouldn't expect to equal your time but within a second would be a worthwhile goal. I'm a slow learner but eventually the fog clears. I'll look up IMI as that sounds cool.

    Something interesting is that driving my Legacy on track feels remarkably close to playing Gran Turismo in my living room but cornering the kart is so physical that the similarity falls away. I need a kart with power steering... and maybe a cup holder.

    Do bring your wife karting! We had some women in the Porsche Club that were quite good drivers. I was hoping that Simona De Silvestro was going to make it in Formula One but something didn't mesh.
    Yeah, I think I might take her to the electric karts first as they are smoother, it'll beat her up less. I've got to ease her into the Bandimere karts, they beat the crap out of you and are pretty physically demanding. The last/first turn combo there is high speed and long, always feel it in the shoulders near the end of a session there.

    I've got a friend that has an old racing kart that he doesn't really use much, I'm trying to see if there is anything I have that I could trade him, it would be fun to just pay the $40 daily fee and race as much as you want.

    BTW, sorry for the Go-Karting hijack on your thread, but what else are we gonna do on a cold snowy day in the Rockies?

  7. #127
    "Proby" Go Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    221
    Points
    3,530
    Level
    37
    Points: 3,530, Level: 37
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
    I've got a friend that has an old racing kart that he doesn't really use much, I'm trying to see if there is anything I have that I could trade him, it would be fun to just pay the $40 daily fee and race as much as you want.

    BTW, sorry for the Go-Karting hijack on your thread, but what else are we gonna do on a cold snowy day in the Rockies?
    No worries. What happened to our February summer? Old racing kart? Would something like that fit in the back of a '96 Outback? I'm just asking for a friend:-)
    Back to Subaru- While most on here are young and seem to want creature comforts, I'm ancient but after the Karting experience, I'm thinking my Legacy is too soft and quiet. There's no more sound deadening to remove so lots of poly bushings and maybe a side exit, aluminum race muffler. Is it June yet?
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

    "You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer

  8. #128
    SLi Lurker nepbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    425
    Points
    4,626
    Level
    43
    Points: 4,626, Level: 43
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Mifune View Post
    No worries. What happened to our February summer? Old racing kart? Would something like that fit in the back of a '96 Outback? I'm just asking for a friend:-)
    Back to Subaru- While most on here are young and seem to want creature comforts, I'm ancient but after the Karting experience, I'm thinking my Legacy is too soft and quiet. There's no more sound deadening to remove so lots of poly bushings and maybe a side exit, aluminum race muffler. Is it June yet?
    LOL, yeah, my cars felt very plush after those karts too. Poly bushings, one of the best bang for you buck mods out there, do it!

    Have you seen a complete kit anywhere, or will you be piecing together pieces from here and there?

  9. #129
    "Proby" Go Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    221
    Points
    3,530
    Level
    37
    Points: 3,530, Level: 37
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
    LOL, yeah, my cars felt very plush after those karts too. Poly bushings, one of the best bang for you buck mods out there, do it!

    Have you seen a complete kit anywhere, or will you be piecing together pieces from here and there?
    Likely to be a ten year project so one piece at a time. This year the focus will be track tires and to to try a twenty pound lighter amg battery. Much cheaper than a carbon hood. My shifter knuckle and bushings are toast so probably that.

    I was thinking after seeing your Forester XT that of all the cars I've driven over the years, I've never even been in a boosted Subaru. Kinda weird.
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

    "You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer

  10. #130
    SLi Lurker nepbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    425
    Points
    4,626
    Level
    43
    Points: 4,626, Level: 43
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    So, there's a guy in Boulder that has a totaled 2007 Forester XT 5mt, that's a 4.44 transmission. I can get his contact info if you are interested.

  11. #131
    "Proby" Go Mifune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Evergreen Colorado
    Posts
    221
    Points
    3,530
    Level
    37
    Points: 3,530, Level: 37
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
    So, there's a guy in Boulder that has a totaled 2007 Forester XT 5mt, that's a 4.44 transmission. I can get his contact info if you are interested.
    Thanks Nick but my 9 year old computer is near death, so a trans swap is probably not happening this year.

    I may have decided on tires though. Tire Rack liked the Falken RT615K as long lasting and easy to drive but slower than the Re71R. So Falken just released the new and improved, stickier RT615K+. And to top it off a $100 rebate. Of course I'll be the guinea pig. Oh, and 215/40/17.

    If you watched my second video, you may have noticed a winged Corvette going by me in a blur. Well, my days of being the exclusive Legacy race wagon at HPR may be over. He's buying a 2000 Legacy wagon and doing (maybe) an STi swap. His question to me is if there's any way to fit a 255/40/17 on 9" wheels without having to use flares. My best guess is a 235 without major work but mine's a 2nd gen so FIIK. Any thoughts?
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

    "You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •