Thread: Boeshield T-9 - Anyone Use This?

Boeshield T-9 - Anyone Use This?

Hello, I'm new here and am fairly new to Subaru. I have a 2012 Legacy 2.5 Limited that I am planning on keeping for a long time. I am in Pennsylvania and rust is my major long-term concern. Protecting the underside with something like Boeshield seems like a good idea. It is a waxy, moisture displacing protectant/lubricant, if you are not familiar with it. Has anyone here used it or something similar to preserve their undercarriage for the long term?

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialO.G.Recommendation Second ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award
    I'm interested in underbody rust protection as well, so I hope somebody chimes in with some experience with it (or similar product).
    Current lineup(click on links):
    His: '05 Impreza STi / '91 Suzuki Cappuccino / '15 Honda NM4
    Hers: '04 Forester XT / '02 S401

Past lineup:
    His: '95 Legacy Brighton / '93 Suzuki Cappuccino / '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Hers: '97 Legacy GT-B Ltd / '05 Mercedes E500 4matic / '02 H6 VDC Sedan

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.Overdrive
    I'm using Fluid Film. It's a Lanolin based product that should be applied once or twice a year (think spring/fall, but definitely fall) that will resist car washes and things. It certainly resists coming off in the car wash because I applied it last December and there's still parts of the undercarriage that have the film on it and I washed it plenty over the winter.

I can't give any long term results for at least a few years, but there are quite a few forums that swear by the stuff and it's been in use since WWII (it was invented for keeping planes from getting corrosion damage apparently).

You can buy it on Amazon, but I've found it locally much cheaper - expect to pay around $10 per spray can and 1 can is good enough for 1 car - probably need more for doing a truck with its exposed framing.

The only caveat with the fluid film is that it can cause rubber to swell, so be careful around the CV boots and any bushings.

~Mark [SLi Admin]
    2015 Dodge Charger AWD
    2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited, 7 passenger w/ Navigation

Former vehicles:
    03 Forester
    95 Legacy Outback

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    That Fluid-Film does look pretty good. Just based on what I read, the advantage to the Boeshield is that it does not swell rubber or soften paint.