Thanks man. I was in physio for a few months from the whip lash. My glasses and ring were both knocked off my the air bag. I found my ring bent and laying on the back seat. My glasses were bent, but they landed on the passenger side. The accident happened at 10:00pm at night and I missed an important mid-term the following morning. I ended up providing photos, police reports, and doctor's notes in order to be 'excused' from that mid-term test. The accident did cause a lot of stress because I was unsure if I would pass that semester, or if I would have to withdraw with cause.

The '99 was a manual as well. I've owned two trucks and six cars over the past twenty years. Only two of those eight vehicles were automatics - and I had to replace the transmissions on BOTH of them. The car with the automatic had the automatic transmission replaced three times! Hence, I became leery of automatics and nearly every vehicle (expect for the one-ton truck) has been a manual since. My aversion to automatics was renewed after I had to replace the 4L80E in my one-ton dually. I had just bought the truck from a contractor so I suspect the failing transmission was the reason why the truck went up for sale. I prefer manuals as I usually have to replace the clutch rather than the whole transmission.