Thread: My 2006 Outback H6

My 2006 Outback H6

Hi all

Long time lurker, but never registered untill last night. After some other European cars I was fed up with reliablity issues and wanted something reliable as I often use the car for long trips. Bought a Forester SG 2.0 N/A and altough underpowered, had a lot of fun with it for 2 years. Than, an Outback H6 crossed my path and the Forester had to go. Tried convincing my GF to sell her small hatch, but alas...

The Outback is quite stock ATM, apart from the FSTI wheels. I'm going to do some other mods to, but it'll take some time.

Had a small photoshoot (with an unwashed car) some weeks ago. Pictures turned out well.

Cheers

Thomas
    Last edited by *thomas*; 08-21-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesO.G.SocialCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Looks great. Love the wheels.

Thanks! IMHO, an Outback looks so much better (better said: even better) with 18 inch wheels

Just a quick bump to let you guys know I bought something to thinker with. I've always wanted a 2.0GT wagon (BL/BP) but the RHD in LHD traffic really puts me off. I've driven a RHD STi from a friend, and altough it's ok-ish to be sitting on the 'wrong' site of the car, I couldn't see myself doing it in everyday traffic.

So, after lots of lurking on the internet and considering a Legacy 2.0R (165BHP) I settled with something I tought (and swore) I'd never buy: a Legacy diesel. The car was sitting in the back of a garage and was looking very sorry for itself. Bought it after a quick call to the Subaru dealership who had done all of the maintanance. They told me the car has had a new engine (warranty) and that clutch/DMF were chanched recently.

It needs (a lot) of work, and shows a VDC and CEL when running ...

Will post some pictures later today.

After my latest (bad) experience with Legacies, I've been away from the board/Legacy-scene for quite a while. The Diesel Legacy was such a lemon that I switched to Toyota and Lexus for two years. (the write-up from the Diesel can be found here: https://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.ph...GT-I-mean-2-0D ) I had a Celica AT200 followed by a Lexus (Altezza) IS200 for some time.

But, seems like subarus give you an itch you can't scratch, so I randomly looked at ads the last couple of months. You know, the kind of random looking when your best half sees right trough you and knows you're up to something. Yourself being the last person you'll admit you're going to buy another car.

And behold, the Celica was sold in January, followed by the Lexus in July and hey presto, a 4th gen Legacy with the 2.0R (DOHC, 165BHP N/A engine) will be delivered tomorrow. It runs, it goes, it stops, it doesn't look to shabby and is going to keep me busy enough during winter months.

Will share some pics when I have her.

And yes, I still have the Outback. Now on 217K kms and going strong.

The Outback-chapter is over. I've owned the car for approx 6 years (longest time I've owned a car) but I never 'connected' with it. I was hoping it would combine the practicality of my Forester SG and the 'power' from a Legacy H6, but IMHO it did neither of those.

I prefer driving my 2.0R legacy BP (which has 80 BHP less), but wanted something shorter for those camping and fishing trips. So, after considering a dozen cars, I finally settled with:

It's sad, but it is the first car I've sold that I never miss... Still, I love the platform, but if I would ever do it again, I would just get the Legacy and a Forester (like I do now).