Thread: 2002 jdm rev D legacy engine management

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

2002 jdm rev D legacy engine management

Hey guys subaru noob here

Just purchased my jdm 2002 legacy b4 rsk Rev D, since the ecu is obd2 I am trying to figure out some aftermarket tuning / engine management options for it. But I have had issues finding information on this topic, I may be stupid but figured I would ask here.
    Thank you in advance for any help or information you are able to provide me with

New User
    Level
    Achievements:
    So did some more research, called cobb and they have no support for jdm ecu's. But there is apparently a apexi power fc for the car it's just a matter of figuring out which one works and if it will work with the hand controller for on the go tuning

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    The 3rd gen ECU is a "16 Bit" ecu, where most of the tuning is done on "32 Bit" ECUs. It is a completely different type of tuning, and many of the tuners do not dabble in 16 bit stuff. Do you know if your ECU is made by Denso, or by JECS? If it is Denso, There are tuners out there that can do it. I do not believe anyone has really messed with JECS units, but you might find someone willing to try.

I know that there is a guy in Barbados who did a tune for an S401 which has a Denso ECU. I think he has done RSK/GT-B tunes as well.

You will not be able to get a "hand tuner" like a Cobb Accessport, you are going to need to use something like a Tactrix cable and a computer to upload new maps.

New User
    Level
    Achievements:
    Damn I was really hoping to be able to get a hand tuner, and it's a Denso ecu. I might have found a guy who can do a tune in Vancouver British Columbia near where I live, so here's to more research