Quote Originally Posted by hink01wag
thanks for the help with the smt6. i for got the 330om resistor. now it runs like a champ. so i talked to the guy at RalliTek and he said that they have a map on their web site that is a really good starting point for the SC. i think im going to go to a tune shop once i get mine installed and have them work with it on the dyno. did you have any plans like that? i know my setup is way different than yours but its the same SC. so do you have a plan for mapping your smt6?
I hope to eventually get a professional tune done on the car once everything on the mechanical side is taken care of. Until then my basic plan, at the recommendation of Skidd on RS2.5, is to pull back 1 degree of timing for every 1psi of boost, possibly more on the top end of the rpm spectrum just to be safe. Also I will richen the map on boost, tapering up as I go, to keep my AFR's at 10.5 - 11 : 1. To do this I will need a wideband setup, and I am pretty set on an Innovative LC-1. It has programmable narrowband outputs to keep the ECU happy, and has data logging capability.

So basic formula for safe tune until I can get a professional tune is:

1) Rich on boost
2) Pull back timing
3) Run high octane gas