Thread: Whats up from Dubai and Toronto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
    Welcome, those seats look nice in there.

I've been to Dubai a couple of time myself, interesting place with lots to see. Have you looked around for Subaru part sources there? I've always wondered if they install oversized radiators out there, and where I could pick one up on a trip out there. Those nice thick radiators they run in the desert could be handy.

Thanks for the compliment on the seats.

Most of the cars sold into the market here in Dubai regardless of the manufacturer are whats called Gulf Spec. It usually consists of more insulation in the car, a better radiator and better AC setup. Temps routinely get to 50c (122F) here in the summer (its not fun). I haven't looked in to scooby parts here other then pulling one or two things off an EU spec BK (ultra rare car here) that a guy was scrapping. Subarus here are either BRZ's or STi's, which there are a ton of or a handful of new Foresters, Legacys, and Tribecas that you see the odd time.

What brought you through Dubai?

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveZigen View Post
    What brought you through Dubai?
    I've been to Dubai a couple of times for work, and I'll be going a couple more times over the next couple of years. Next time, I am going to take some time and go checkout Abu Dhabi. The last time I went I went down to Oman and then back up through Al Ain, it really is a pretty sweet part of the world to visit, but yeah, it gets hot. The hottest I've seen on my trips was at the end of May once and it got to 115°F, I can't imagine what August is like!