PDA

View Full Version : weird hesitation

derfla
11-28-2009, 01:51 PM
So i've had this hesitation issue with my 98 legacy L wagon for a long time, but it self heals so i've never gotten concerned enough to spend money fixing it. Basically whenever i take it for an oil change, anywhere from 800 to 1500 miles afterwards it hesitates for a second or 2 whenever i accelerate after shifting (any gear up or down shift). and then after a while it just goes away and all is normal and it drives great. It's almost like driving a car with a turbo, only my car doesn't have a turbo so it's not that cool. Iv'e read that it might be the mass airflow sensor which i can probably replace myself, but it's a little pricey...and it eventually goes away. I go to different places for my oil changes but this always happens. anyone have any idea what about an oil change and general check up might be causing it? (i think every place i've ever gone to checks air filters and other general maintenance stuff)

Grafton
11-28-2009, 08:23 PM
here is my off the wall guess, the oil places you go to are putting a little too much oil in and your pcv valve is burping a bit into you intake

that was a crazy guess, My best advice is to just do your own oil changes

richysteele
11-28-2009, 09:14 PM
here is my off the wall guess, the oil places you go to are putting a little too much oil in and your pcv valve is burping a bit into you intake

that was a crazy guess, My best advice is to just do your own oil changes

thats called a blowback I think. my leggy did the same at first.try some injector cleaner before messing with the maf.