PDA

View Full Version : MAF Problems??

Invisible_Soul
01-14-2006, 07:22 PM
This sucks. For the past few weeks my CEL has been going on and off randomly. When I take off sometimes my car hesitates almost as if I had water in my fuel, but I have used dry gas on every other fill up since it started. I'm just not sure, I took my plenium off this summer and it ran fine all until a few weeks ago.

Anyone have any ideas??

shazapple
01-15-2006, 03:07 AM
Try to see what the CEL code is. Thats the easiest way to diagnose. A pep boys or autozone should do it for free.

Could be coil, wires, plugs, or air filter. A MAF problem would just go from running to running like crap. Theres not much to them.

belladonna
01-15-2006, 12:25 PM
IIRC, auto zone and advance have stopped reading CELs.... :?

Wiscon_Mark
01-15-2006, 01:13 PM
check the coil pack to see if the sparkplug wires are all connected adaquately.

Have you been having any other problems besides the car running rough?

you could also clean the MAF, but I agree, a problem with it probably wouldn't fluxuate like you say it is.

ivwarrior
01-15-2006, 02:19 PM

Since when? I've gotten codes pulled at several Advance stores recently. As in the last couple weeks. (Different vehicles)

HimBigChief
01-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Check the plug leads where they go onto the spark plug too, as one of mine popped off and gave me rough running sometimes, and other times it'd run ok.

James

belladonna
01-15-2006, 04:20 PM

Since when? I've gotten codes pulled at several Advance stores recently. As in the last couple weeks. (Different vehicles)

the ones around here won't do it for you anymore :?

Invisible_Soul
01-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Check the plug leads where they go onto the spark plug too, as one of mine popped off and gave me rough running sometimes, and other times it'd run ok.

Yeah I had that happen and it was a lot rougher then this. I did give them a check though.

I will just have the CEL code checked. I took it out today and it ran fine even with the CEL on. :?

Wiscon_Mark
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
holy crap James, I thought you were LegacyEJ22t (aka Matt)!

HimBigChief
01-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Nope. I'm me!

Why'd you think I was Matt?

HimBigChief
01-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Ignore that one. I've actually got the original avatar which is animated, but it's slightly too wide for here and I don't have the software to change it! :(

Looks like I'll have to get some pics of my girls instead!

Wiscon_Mark
01-15-2006, 07:10 PM
yeah, Matt has one just like it.

ivwarrior
01-15-2006, 07:59 PM

the ones around here won't do it for you anymore :?

Just Williamsport? I had codes pulled in my work van like 3 weeks ago at the one in Lewisburg.