PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!!! General Auto Recycling of Tiverton, RI = NO GOOD!

gator gt
01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
In light of a VERY RECENT transaction, DO NOT by any means, order used parts from General Auto Recycling in Tiverton, Rhode Island. Henry is the salesman I spoke with and the one who shafted me. I asked for the '04 WRX rear end and axles from a wagon they had listed in stock (he gave me the '04 VIN) and he sends me '02 items. Axles are in horrendous condition.

Get this, he gives me an '04 VIN over the phone. Yet, I get the packing slip today, open it up and get an '02 VIN next to each part I ordered & he is stupid enough to put '2004' in the line item which preceeds the VIN which says its '02 parts.

And this is after he promises to call me if there were any problems!

Shyster! He'll be hearing from me tomorrow!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

OH! I am just infuriated!!!!! And I lack patience when it comes to correcting issues or finding solutions....and I have to wait till 8am for this punk!

I reserve the right to edit this thread once I cool down.

GGT

badbasser98
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
wow, that really sucks... sorry to hear. tape the phone call ;-)

gator gt
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
alright. update.

Oh and I forgot to mention, they put my 3 digit credit card security code on the invoice. I went ahead and got my credit card cancelled for that little stunt of theirs.

So, I called the manager and told him what happened. He said to take it to Henry first.

So I leave Henry a voice mail. I call him back in 1 hour...he's now in. The minute he knows its me, he's offering a paid return call tag and FULL refund.

Turns out, the parts pullers found issue with the 15k mile old '04 I requested. (Hard to believe, but thats fine.)...so they went to their alternate list of parts...next in line was an 02. Thats what I got.

Now, Henry promised to call if there were any issues.....he didn't call. There was an issue, but the parts pullers didn't tell Henry.

Good service.....horrible in house communication. Still enough for me to DISUADE anyone from shopping there.

Especially since the manager said they just learned how to have the credit card machine STOP printing out the ENTIRE credit card number AND security code. Now he's gotta look into getting the security code taken off as well.

Nincompoops.

Sure, they corrected the bad parts thing...but I'm still ranting for people NOT to shop there.

GGT

Tokio
01-18-2006, 05:07 PM
ah, i feel your pain... same thing happened to me over a leg-turbo front clip.

lol, now i pull all my own parts, no matter the travel time.

Pwise2326
01-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Good call, I just went through that whole business with my checkcard, had all my info stolen from a company doing something stupid as well. Good luck getting that all sorted out. Thanks for the heads up.

gator gt
01-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey, no problem for the heads up...thats what we're here for!

Just finished packing it up. At least the credit card company knows something is awry with this yard. So I'll be keeping an eye open for a full refund posted to my card. Even though I shut it down, its like a check valve, the credit card company will allow for credits back ON to the account, then transfer to the new card number.

Tokio....no matter the distance? I've ordered items from Utah. Successfully. Figures,...the one day ground from UPS distance thing, and I get shafted. Also got a tranny and motor from AZ via freight.

GGT