PDA

View Full Version : New member from PA

dropdfocus
01-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Well, I'm a newbie here. I was given the link by a member from Legacy Central forum. Always looking for new info/mods on our (wife & I) '98 Legacy GT.
Current upgrades include shorty Injen intake & Perrin light weight crank pulley & custom molded A-pillar dual gauge pod. Future mods will include full replacement exhaust from front to back, cams & gears.
Of course this is a daily driver, so it takes a back seat to my other projects...
- '87 Nissan Hardbody truck: air bag suspension, 351w V8 swap (in the process), full custom interior w/ hidden digital gauges, 3" body drop, suicide doors (coming soon), stock lights shaved, tailgate welded shut & replacement wooden bed floor.
http://www.attention2details.com/pics/DCP03431.JPG
- '87 Toyota pickup daily driver: soon to be air bagged w/ shaved door handles
- '81 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD motorcycle: full motor & tranny rebuild, custom single seat mod w/ custom fiberglass rear section, DynoJet Stage 1 carb kit, K&N filter, Kerker full exhaust
http://www.attention2details.com/pics/DCP03722.JPG

Well, that's me & my life style in a nutshell... :twisted:

EXP1787
01-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Since you said on your website that a future mod is a short shifter, I'm assuming its manual? Looks and sounds like a very nice car. Welcome to the forum.

-Tim :twisted:

dropdfocus
01-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Ah yes, I totally forgot about the short shifter mod. It will likely be the Kartboy shifter & upgraded bushings. The factory isn't bad, but could use some improvement...

Also in the works is a full custom stereo install w/ a single 10" Boston Acoustic sub in the spare tire well & 2 Rockford Fosgate amps installed under a raised false floor. I'm going for the stealth install look. I'll likely install another flip out screen DVD player in the car. Had one in it before, but needed cash at the time & a buddy had money burning a hole in his pocket.

My previous car as of a year & a half ago was a heavily decked out '01 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback. I parted with it because I kept buying upgrades & such for it & never working on my Nissan truck. So it went away & cash seemed to find a new home in my bank account for a change. :roll: I do miss it, but I love my truck more than I did the Focus.

legacy92ej22t
01-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Wuz up J!!!!!

This is actually my nieghbor! Hahaha, he lives 3 houses down from me on my street! :-D

He has a nice GT for sure.

redlegacygt
01-19-2006, 12:30 PM
you probally got an email from me too, i sent it last nite after i saw the attention2details site. looks liek someone beat me too it.lol its all good though. welcome aboard. :!:

dropdfocus
01-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Wuz up J!!!!!

This is actually my nieghbor! Hahaha, he lives 3 houses down from me on my street! :-D

He has a nice GT for sure.
Thanks Matt. If the wife would stop causing damage to the body, it would look a lot better. I'll have my work cut of for me when it warms up. I'm likely going to graft on a lip kit to the front & rear GT bumpers & put side skirts on it from another car. I got a lot of practice doing custom fiberglass work on a '00 Eclipse body kit. I had to cut 1" out of the middle of the rear bumper for it fit on the back of the car correctly. My buddy was very happy with the results (many late night hours & $350 later).

Of course my car does not compare at all to Matt's turbo Legacy, but we have different tastes. I'd love to turbo her Legacy, but I'd likely just swap out the motor for a WRX motor & tranny first. But, that's a whole other bank loan & project down the line for me. I have to finish some of the ones I've got started now... :twisted:

dropdfocus
01-19-2006, 10:55 PM
you probally got an email from me too, i sent it last nite after i saw the attention2details site. looks liek someone beat me too it.lol its all good though. welcome aboard. :!:
Thanks for visiting our club site. I'm the club prez & webmaster for the club.
I am in the process of starting a small web design company. I have web space hosting & domain hosting abilities now. Just trying to get more knowledge & design under my belt. I currently attend PCT for Office Technology - web design emphasis.

Wiscon_Mark
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the site, Williamsport has a high contingent on here :)

legacy92ej22t
01-20-2006, 12:15 PM
That's because we have a lot of Subie lovers........and not much else ta do 'round here! :lol:

dropdfocus
01-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, even though most of us don't care for the high prices, our local Subaru dealer (Kinley's Subaru) has the title as the oldest dealer in the US.

Of course with the large amount of people living on mountain back roads around here, Subarus are very abundant in this area. I've never had more fun in the snow than with a Subaru vehicle (my best friend's old GL-10 turbo sedan & his '81 GL 4WD wagon, and of course the wife's '98 2.5GT). I have to go out with Matt some time to play in his turbo Legacy...! :-D Controlled AWD snow drifting is the best!!

Thanks very much for the large & warm welcome everyone! 8)

Reason
01-21-2006, 01:16 AM
I love the avatar dropdfocus...

dropdfocus
01-21-2006, 01:23 AM
I love the avatar dropdfocus...
Thanks! I use to be able to do that with my Hardbody truck before I tore it back down to fix broken/bad welds from the guy who did the original work for me. Now I'm much more informed & have the tools to do it myself. So no more relying on other people to do stuff for me...
Hittin' switches & draggin' frame is such a sick thrill. :shock: :-D :twisted: It's very much like Subarus really, you're either into it or your not.

Reason
01-21-2006, 01:41 AM
A few years back I went to Florida to visit my nephew. So of the guys he knew had low rider trucks and were throwing up sparks when we went to Disney World. It's kind of sweet driving with 4 or 5 trucks throwing up sparks at night.