PDA

View Full Version : Remote problems

BlueMan0312
01-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I was having problems with the remotes to unlick and lock my 99 legacy gt limited. When i went in for a check up they gave my two new remotes. they don't work any better thatn the other ones that i had. What is the problem? Can i fix it on my own or do i have to bring it to a pro? (I don't know that muck about the electrical systems of cars)

Huffer
01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Describe the problem you are having in more detail.

Unlocking and locking - that's a bit broad. Can you replicate the conditions and symptoms?

BlueMan0312
01-20-2006, 11:37 AM
the remotes only work when you are standing no more than an arms lengh from the car if they at all. they work occationaly if you bang ghem on a hard surface. and the remotes are only about a month old.

Huffer
01-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Try repositioning the antenna wire that the remote brain uses - under the dash.

Also consider using new batteries, if you haven't already done so.

Does performance differ depending on where you park the car? EMF can cause interference.

Reason
01-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Also consider using new batteries, if you haven't already done so.

My girl was having the same problem with her Saab, I changed the batteries and it was all set.

Sarra
01-21-2006, 06:49 AM
I have a similar problem with mine. I did try new batteries, but I still have to press the button a hojillion times for my car to respond. =\ I think it's the antenna in my car, it's gone bad or is damaged.

BlueMan0312
01-23-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't think it's the remotes so i'll try to find the antenna and reposition it.