PDA

View Full Version : Had to share this with everyone

dropdfocus
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Need a good laugh? This should do the trick for ya...
This kid was parked at the local Denny's last Sunday & I snapped a few pics with my cell phone of his "performance" mods to his GL wagon:
(coffee can exhaust tip, 2x4 wing, Edelbrock air filter attached to the hood)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/dropdfocus/Misc/ATT01245.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/dropdfocus/Misc/ATT01218.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/dropdfocus/Misc/ATT01209.jpg

ivwarrior
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
That poor car......

dropdfocus
01-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it was sad & dumb looking to say the least... :cry:

badbasser98
01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
can tell it is done intentionally as a joke... (i hope :roll: )

dropdfocus
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh, I forgot he had a 5" AutoMeter tach mounted on the top of the dash too. If you have that much hate for "ricers", then find another way to show it than making your car look like a rolling piece of crap... I become more annoyed with cars like that than anything. You are just the hard up for attention that you need to drag down the looks of a car as a joke towards the import tuner trend.

Wiscon_Mark
01-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't see anything wrong with having a tach (unless he already has a tach? I don't think it was standard on the GL).

but the rest....that poor car. Let me have it :D

dropdfocus
01-22-2006, 11:06 PM
It was in fact automatic. It was all just senseless acts of dumbness done to a poor Subie GL wagon that didn't deserve it.

Wiscon_Mark
01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
It was all just senseless acts of dumbness done to a poor Subie GL wagon that didn't deserve it.

go on cardomain and look for...damn I can't remember the name of it now...

Something to do with "Stacy" and "Subaru"

it was super-ugly...can't anyone remember the name?

shazapple
01-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Legstacy, the BG with the Saturn headlights?

Wiscon_Mark
01-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Legstacy, the BG with the Saturn headlights?

*shudders*

ddctd2AWD
01-23-2006, 07:21 AM
If it wasnt for the sadness of the sight, I bet it would be pretty funny... :)

legacy92ej22t
01-23-2006, 08:21 AM
That makes me sad. I've been wanting to pick up an old wagon for a long time now and they're getting harder and harder to come buy. Then to see some one do that to one. *sigh*

dropdfocus
01-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I know Matt, it will be ok buddy. You'll find one some day. My sister-in-law had the pink one and she took very good care of it. But it became so PA winter abused that the bottom started rotting out badly.
Now she has a '91 Legacy L sedan (which I'm very jealous of) that the family picked up from R&R for $350 because the previous owner couldn't install a timing belt to save his life & figured he messed up the motor because of it. Nope, it was just fine. No damage at all... Dumb people should not attempt to work on an engine they know nothing about!

strat81
01-23-2006, 11:58 AM
matt... there are a few loyale's up on the creek road (although the guy that has them want some insane amount for them)

jason... that's sad... but have you seen the aspire with the spray painted whitewalls and other spray painted graphics that's in denny's alot?

dropdfocus
01-23-2006, 01:21 PM
jason... that's sad... but have you seen the aspire with the spray painted whitewalls and other spray painted graphics that's in denny's alot?
No, but that just makes me want to cry deep down inside... :cry:

Pwise2326
01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Thats awful! Matt -- theres a bunch for sale in CT b/w 1-2000 bucks, decent shape from the pictures and most were less than 120k miles.

Huffer
01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
That makes me sad. I've been wanting to pick up an old wagon for a long time now and they're getting harder and harder to come buy. Then to see some one do that to one. *sigh*

There's a guy here in Cleveland selling a 91 Legacy L wagon, 4EAT, 2.2L but running on 3 cylinders.

ivwarrior
01-23-2006, 07:06 PM

I used to have one similar to that. Thing was WAY underpowered, it coldn't get out of it's own way. But man, that thing would go anywhere. It had the hi/low range 4wd. Back before AWD. When I first "test drove" it (over a weekend, I worked for the dealer who had it) my Dad and I took it out, he couldn't believe the way it handled the icy mountain rd we took it back to see if the 4wd worked.

Major problems with body rot on those, too. Mine had duct tape (hey, I got it cheap and desperately needed a car, thanks to a deer jumping out in front of the car I was driving) over all 4 wheel wells and the front edge of the hood, covering rust holes. It was a good thing that the car was painted "duct tape silver" the stuff didn't stand out too bad, unless you were close to the car.

I do miss the "auto UP and down" drivers side window, and the selectable 4wd that it had sometimes, though. Mainly the window.....If it had better power, like a multiport fuel injected 2.2L instead of a 1.8L carb engine, I might have kept it longer.........