PDA

View Full Version : taillight bake

pdawg
01-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I baked my front lights using the fibuz recipe. It was easy with the great write up. I was wondering if the same sort of thing could be done with the rear center piece. Since I cannot afford a whole rear jdm deck, I was thinking that if you could open it up the way you open up headlight and remove the Subaru thus completing the debadge.

Now I know it will not fit in an ordinary oven, any ideas or is this just a pipe dream.

Pwise2326
01-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Try using a heat gun/paint stripper, you could probably rent one from home depot or get one pretty cheap. Just make sure you aim at the silicone and don't let it sit on any one spot too long, try warming up the most of it but focus more at one end, once you get it a little loose you can start CAREFULLY prying it a part (some case crackers may help) and use the heat gun to melt the silicone as you pull further apart down the light. Probably a safer way then messing with ovens...plus I don't think the bakery down the street would let you borrow their huge oven. Let us know how it works out, and PICS!!!

MitchGT
02-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm like 99% sure that the Subaru can't be removed from the center section. IIRC it is actually part of the plastic back.

Wiscon_Mark
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm like 99% sure that the Subaru can't be removed from the center section. IIRC it is actually part of the plastic back.

even if it can, the outline of the word subaru will still be there.

pdawg
02-02-2006, 10:10 PM

even if it can, the outline of the word subaru will still be there.

Do you know if it is paint or plastic. I realized that the outline would be their after I wrote my first post. I thougt I might do the subaru in black instead of gold.

Wiscon_Mark
02-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I thought about dropping some LEDs in back of the "Subaru" and I could turn it on whenever I wanted for "bling"

sounds so ricer-ish, but...I'm drawn to it :?

:lol:

pdawg
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
you've got to own it Mark. If you own it, it yours. Screw what anybody else thinks.

Wiscon_Mark
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
you've got to own it Mark. If you own it, it yours. Screw what anybody else thinks.

rock on Preston :)

Reason
02-03-2006, 03:44 AM

Damn straight...