PDA

View Full Version : Will Paypal anyone money who helps diagnose my car!

Zac
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
My car still wont run. i've lost cylinders 1 and 3 now. Swapped in another set of injectors too. both of those cylinders are getting fuel. Enough to where its coming out of the exhaust pipe and when I pull out the plugs they are wet.

Tried another coil pack and 3 sets of plugs and wires.

New front oxygen sensor.

Compression on all cylinders is great.

New intake manifold gaskets.

cleaned out all fuel system and changed fuel filter.

Checked a vacum gauge and my vacum is fine.

Timing is spot on.

When I pull off the plug wires they are firing just fine on cyl 1 and 3, even when I ground out a plug on the block it fires just fine too, but once I put it back into the cylinders its as if they dont want to fire at all.

Please i'm begging someone, i'll pay you I really need my car running :smt010

klix
04-04-2010, 06:20 PM
The injector work never panned out? Really is the most likely problem here... seriously, keep it simple and just get some injectors off another engine (same year and litre of course to ensure you get the right cc's)

To prove it, if still looking for confirmation, if you unplug a single injector and run the engine and that respective plug is STILL wet, then guess what... the injector is garbage.

Zac
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
tried some other injectors off my parts legacy gt wagon, they are 370cc compared to my stock 360cc, will that make a big difference?

My stock injectors are soaking in some cleaner right now.

ouch1011
04-05-2010, 03:01 AM
How many different threads are you going to make about this lol?

10cc shouldn't make a considerable difference.

Have you checked for any restrictions in the fuel rail that may cause low pressure to the passenger side fuel rail? Low fuel pressure can cause fuel to just spurt out in liquid form (which won't burn) versus a mist like it should with the correct pressure. Also, have you verified that you are getting the proper signal from the PCM to the injectors?

Also, does the misfire happen all the time, or just at idle/low load? If it is just at lower loads, you could have a large vacuum leak, potentially your phenolic spacer could be leaking on that bank.

Otherwise the things that could cause both cylinders on 1 bank to misfire are fairly limited.

klix
04-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I think it is generally 2% max difference, so I wouldn't mix and match them, but to swap them all in together you're probably okay... the other major factor in that is at which fuel presure that cc is calculated though... which actually does bring up another topic, is your FPR functioning properly to begin with?

Why not sawp in the one from the same donor car while your lines are not filled with fuel? or did you put a new one in already?

klix
08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
My car was mis-firing all of a sudden on all cylinders a couple days before inspection... so long story short, I have been driving around with an "R" on my windsheild... as part of the general tune up stuff which was over due, I found my plugs like this:
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2010/08/P0108100008-1.jpg

I assumed the white-ish grey on the electrode either meant starving for fuel or coolant was sneaking in, since I'm putting more oil in than coolant (I have a leaking gasket) I assumed fuel is the source of my problem.

After taking a quick look at the areas I have noted in this thread (and the other) I assumed it must be either the FPR or the pump... I pulled the vac line off the FPR and stuck a pen in the vac line. Hoped in it today once it was cool and misfiring has stopped and my low-end torque is back from vacation, YAY!

So anyway, I'm getting a retest in the morning to avoid tickets (I hope they don't notice the bright red pen) and will replace the pump this weekend... pretty sure I have a walbro somewhere, will probably use it. I'll let you know if that does the trick or if I need to move on to FPR... not trying to gloat, just thought I'd add the info for anyone searching through these threads and to add my more regarding my general diagnostic perspective.

Okin DaVanh
08-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Bump