PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Turanza LS-V Review

citizensirhc
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I just put a set of Bridgestone Turanza LS-V 's on my 2003 Legacy. They replaced the (explative deleted) Potenza RE-92 's that came on the vehicle. Despite the scathing remarks that others had left here and elsewhere about the RE-92's, I liked them. They were at the wear bar and still giving me plenty of performance. (I thought.)

Enter the Turanza 's. I got them last Friday afternoon. The main reason I purchased them was reviews on tirerack.com. I looked here, but everyone seems to be reviewing or asking about performance tires. Now, don't think I don't want performance. But if I was going to spend good money on nice tires, I want more than performance. What drew me in about these tires is that so many people were so impressed with their quietness and most people noted that they gave up little, if nothing in performance. ALL THOSE REVIEWS WERE SPOT ON!!!

Not only are these things quiet, but they're d@mn near SILENT on most good roads around here. (Charlotte, NC) Add to that the AMAZING performance boost as compared to the (cRap)E92. My Leggy has NEVER handled like this! I was informed at the Firestone dealer that these were meant to go on luxury vehicles. (I guess that's what LS stands for... luxury sedan) I wouldn't go so far as to say my Legacy is a "luxury sedan". But I love the h3ll out of this car. It's the best I've ever owned. And these tires definitely upgrade the ride, handling, and noise levels MUCH closer to the word luxurious.

I hope this helps anyone out there wondering what to put on their vehicle, Legacy or not. If you don't want to trade comfort away in the name of performance, but you still want an "economically priced fun-mobile" (read: Subaru!), this tire is for you.

btw... This was also the most expensive tire buying experience I've ever had. All total, with the tires, mounting, balancing, road hazard package, and disposal it was around $750. Well worth every penny so far :!:

ooberdoob
02-01-2006, 04:39 PM
750... wow...

citizensirhc
02-15-2006, 11:06 AM
750... wow...

Yeah, tires alone were around $130 a piece. Add to that installation, hazard, and tax and it gets up there pretty quick.

So far, so good tho! I just hope they last a lot longer than the RE92's did.