PDA

View Full Version : Nate's 300ZX TT

Nate_B4_Blitzen
05-16-2010, 09:11 AM
This was my 1991 300ZX TT... It was tuned on VP 120 and Methanol Injection w/ Nitro methane.

Nate_B4_Blitzen
05-16-2010, 09:13 AM
More...

Nate_B4_Blitzen
05-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Even more pics...

httrdd
05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
These cars still hold their value very well. Quick as hell too!

DarkPhoenix
05-21-2010, 01:52 PM
That is one sexy Z32!!

Nate_B4_Blitzen
05-21-2010, 06:06 PM
That is one sexy Z32!!

Thank you, it was a great car…

-Nate

aznguy0087
05-21-2010, 06:54 PM
i love these cars, but working on them is a pain in the ass, but great example of one that been taken care of

Nate_B4_Blitzen
05-21-2010, 11:46 PM
i love these cars, but working on them is a pain in the ass, but great example of one that been taken care of

Yes, Pain in the ass is a great place to start when describing the level of difficulty in performing basic maintenance and or tuning the 300ZX. I replaced the Turbos in that car without yanking the engine. I must say that it was by far the most trying situation that any automobile has placed me in. But after I did it I felt very accomplished, lol…. Even the dealerships mechanics said that it was impossible, but I proved that it wasn't…

The sad truth about the Z32 was that no matter how or what you did to tune it, it never performed at a level that made it worth the sum of its parts. So I had to part ways with that car. I have never regretted that decision based on the performance of the two cars that proceeded it. I am now an AWD convert and I will never look back. If they ever made a AWD Z I may have to go Nissan again.

I know that the GT-R is AWD but I would rather place a down payment on a house or beef up my investment portfolio than spend that kind of money on a car.

Thus my decision to get the Legacy B4 Blitzen...

-Nate

Nate_B4_Blitzen
05-21-2010, 11:46 PM

Yes, "a pain in the ass" is a great place to start when describing the level of difficulty in performing basic maintenance and or tuning the 300ZX NA and TT models. I replaced the Turbos in that car without yanking the engine. I must say that it was by far the most trying situation that any automobile has placed me in. But after I did it I felt very accomplished, lol…. Even the dealerships mechanics said that it was impossible, but I proved that it wasn't…

The sad truth about the Z32 was that no matter how or what you did to tune it, it never performed at a level that made it worth the sum of its parts. So I had to part ways with that car. I have never regretted that decision based on the performance of the two cars that proceeded it. I am now an AWD convert and I will never look back. If they ever made an AWD Z I may have to go Nissan again.

I know that the GT-R is AWD but I would rather place a down payment on a house or beef up my investment portfolio than spend that kind of money on a car.

-Nate

sleepysideways
06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
word. thats why i will never get a z32 no matter how much i love nissan. i am a silvia guy and have owned 4 240sx. love the r34 rims tho

-Nate

chicagozer
06-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, "a pain in the ass" is a great place to start when describing the level of difficulty in performing basic maintenance and or tuning the 300ZX NA and TT models. I replaced the Turbos in that car without yanking the engine.
Definitely not for the faint of heart. At the end of the day, there's a reason the engine comes out 99% of the time to swap turbos.

I've had my 91TT since 96. Great car. Very complicated, but that's part of the attraction. Despite the reputation, I don't see the "basic" maintenance as too much of a bear. But I'll concede that the interval maintenance such as timing belt and injectors starts to climb the difficulty curve.

You can also make a ton of power with these cars without breaking the bank.