PDA

View Full Version : Muffler

mr_g
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Hey guys been reading around for a couple hours now and I decided that I wanna get the spt muffler. Now some people call/say its a spt axle back and a spt muffler is it just the same thing? Im a noob so sorry for asking this noob question correct me if im wrong. Ok so this axle back/muffler connects from the center exhaust pipe all the way to the back? Can anyone list me all the accessories/parts that it comes with if you order it and it seems like everything should bolt right up with no mods from what I read correct? Does anyone have a full picture of this spt axle back/muffler just so I can get a better idea of it? Seems like the part number is SPT Performance Muffler (SEDAN) SOA8376300 and thats from the subaru parts dealer correct? I have read that the subaru parts dealer sells them for $200+ and that I might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. Does anyone know if this guy is still currently selling them? Well I guess I can just email him and ask him myself, but if anyone knows please do let me know. Any help would be great thanks.

Michael Yatkowitz
Bosal USA/Bosal Performance
Sales
14 Troy Hills Rd.
Whippany, NJ 07981
Phone 800-631-7271 x227
Fax 973-428-8856
MYatkowitz@bosalusa.com

DarkPhoenix
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I think it is a dealer exclusive item as it is a subaru part.

mr_g
07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Would the wagon spt mufflers fit on sedans perfectly? I have read that they are just a little bit longer correct and they stick out?

DarkPhoenix
07-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Would the wagon spt mufflers fit on sedans perfectly? I have read that they are just a little bit longer correct and they stick out?

They will stick out at least an inch or two further. It's only the tip that is longer. (That's what she said)

LiCelsior
07-14-2010, 04:50 PM
try www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com)

StatGSR
07-14-2010, 05:19 PM
^Rockauto doesnt have it

the SPT is made by Bosal, i believe you can get the Bosal equivalent without having to pay the extra money for it to say SPT on it, but my quick searches didn't lead me to any results.

mr_g
07-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey guys I bought my spt axleback wagon model unfortunately they ran out of sedan models. It didnt come with a gasket so I was wondering where can I buy one for my car? Since its oem do you think the dealership has them in stock?

TGX4776
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
they should

ESSYMOND
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
i have a sedan spt axleback i bought few years back, its amazing

mr_g
07-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey guys quick question for the gasket is it suppose to be diamond shaped or circle shaped? Talking to the dealership parts guy and he says he has a circle gasket for it. Well let me know thanks.

StatGSR
07-22-2010, 10:47 AM
look at the flange on your new axle back.....

ESSYMOND
07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Here it is on my car

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2009/03/pic3-1.jpg

I'm probably selling it soon, I want something like this instead

http://www.promaxauto.com.au/Promax%20Auto_files/hks_muffler2.jpg

mr_g
07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Finally got it on and its leaking like crazy from the gasket wtf! Am I doing something wrong here? Got a new gasket and everything man this sucks.

httrdd
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Did the gasket fit really tight or loose? The first one that my parts guy gave me was loose and leaked. I believe it should be circle shaped.

Btw you are using spring exhaust bolts on the cat right and they are in good shape?

mr_g
07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I got the diamond shaped gasket for it and since you said circle shaped then I guess I got the wrong gasket? I looked at my old gasket on my muffler and it was diamond shaped. It was like glued on there so I tried taking it off but it just broke to pieces. Im just using regular bolts and nuts to connect it from the mid pipe to axle back/muffler. Oh and I dont know if it was loose or tight, I stuck a flathead in there to see if I can move the gasket around but I couldnt so Im guessing its in tight.

mr_g
07-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey guys I was looking through the sound clips and I like the sound of the magnaflow mufflers. On pages 5 and 6 the "ilovemy96" and "lone_legacy" has the same magnaflow mufflers? Does anyone know the exact models and part numbers for those mufflers? Are those magnaflow mufflers bolt on too or do you have to weld them on your mid pipe or something? I looked on the magnaflow website and I cant find any for my car. Does all magnaflow mufflers require custom work and welding?

StatGSR
07-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes all magnaflow mufflers will require welding if the do not offer a catback for your car.

mr_g
07-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey I was wondering whats the difference between the bosal spt muffler and the other oem bosal regular mufflers? I see that they both look the same the only difference I can see is the muffler tip size. I wanted to know if the big circular tube is designed differently or not like the internal materials of it? Are they basically just the same with a different muffler tip size on? Also on some websites I see they have like 5 or so different oem bosal mufflers for my car. Some it notes that its for a wagon or sedan but others it says both can anyone tell me the differene between all these other bosal oem mufflers? Does the oem bosal regular mufflers have a throaty sound to them or is that just for the spt muffler? Any response would be appreciated thanks.

httrdd
07-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I had the bosal on my car and there was not much difference. You might hear a little deeper but no noticeable sound. Mine was a oem direct replacement. It is up for sale.

mr_g
07-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey guys how big is the stock pipings inner diameter from the headers all the way to the tip of the muffler? I am guessing its between 1"-2" does anyone know the exact length? Does the headers, mid pipe, and muffler have the same inner diameter or are they all different sizes?