PDA

View Full Version : Head Gasket

redlegacygt
02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Well i think after roughly 131,500 miles, i think a head gasket is gone...now i just have to figure out what the best way to go about fixing it is, or whether fixing it and just getting rid of the car is the best option... its a sad sad day :(

Huffer
02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
How bad is it?
Estimate on repairs?

Some cars are just find after HG replacement - providing they were caught early and without any other damage occurring.

redlegacygt
02-08-2006, 11:33 AM
well (hopefully) im just jumping the gun, but i havent had a chance to get it looked at. It was only today that i started to notice a sweet/burnt rubber smell which seemed like it was coming through the vents. After doing some reading from others, i realized that it could be a head gasket. They car doesnt seem to run different, but there seems to be oil or grease on the driver side of the engine. Im kinda in limbo on what it is, but after the reading, i think its a gasket.

belladonna
02-08-2006, 12:07 PM
take it to linda and see if she can have joel take a look at it for you

redlegacygt
02-08-2006, 02:14 PM
yeah thats what i'll prob. do. If it does end up needing a new head gasket, then maybe my dreams of doing a swap would have to come true :-D

ooberdoob
02-08-2006, 10:35 PM
don't get rid of the car, cause you'd just go way in debt on a new one. go less in debt, and have a badass legacy.

seems simple enough to me.