PDA

View Full Version : Interest for 96 5MT Legacy ABS control module

gator gt
02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Looking to acquire the 1-2 pages of wiring diagrams of the ABS system for a 1996 Legacy. Anyone download those?

I found a 1996 Legacy MT locally and snagged the control module. (will be for sale soon :-D ) but I'd like to go back and grab the specific MT wire(s) needed for a complete 4EAT -> 5/6MT swap in order to retain ABS.

Sooo, I'd need the diagram to tell me what pin and color to grab.

thanks,
GGT

shazapple
02-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Try this. Its a wiring diagram I got for my car a while ago. Not sure if it has ABS info though.

http://www.nbautotunerz.com/images/Legacywiring.pdf
5.1MB

gator gt
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks zapple. It does have the ABS (everything is alphabatized) but here is the breakdown.

95 - seperate controller (under front pass seat) and hydraulic unit (under hood)
96 - seperate controller (different than 95 controller and in dash between door and glove box) and hydraulic unit (under hood)
97-? combined controller and hydraulic unit (under hood)
98-99 - combined controller and hydraulic unit (under hood)

where & how did you find this page? I think ALL pdfs of FSMs have to be out there...just on very very different addresses and they may not always come up during a 'Google' search, if you will.

I mean, I-Speed was (for a while) hosting a near complete 2002 WRX FSM, there was a total seperate site hosting a COMPLETE 2002 WRX FSM. And yet another site was hosting a complete FSM for the 2004 WRX/STi, albeit in seperate pdfs (pain in the rear to download ALL OF THEM!!).

And now we have a site hosting the 98 Legacy. There has to be more out there. This is the WORLD wide web....

GGT

shazapple
02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
I think the one I have hosted is the 97 Legacy. I got it off of someone on Nasioc i beleive

Heres where ALL of them are (from 95 up) but you have to pay.
http://techinfo.subaru.com

gator gt
02-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Yes, thank you zapple. I've already spent a wknd (and $35 dollars) on that site.

back UP to the top...

GGT

gator gt
02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Alright, anyone with a 96 Legacy doing a 4EAT --> 5MT swap want a 96 5MT ABS control module so they can retain ABS?

Let me know.

Also going to be posted in Swaps/Conversions

GGT