PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

Killswitch057
07-24-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm looking for an exhaust that has a nice sound that has a nice rumble. but that being said i would also like it to be pretty quiet at an idle at least. something pretty low key but sounds great when moving i guess would be a good way to put it. Relatively cheap is always good too. dont know if any of you guys have an idea of something that would be something like that.

Airgne
07-24-2010, 03:18 AM
borla unequel lenght header, vibrant 18in res, vibrant street power muffler. 2.5in id piping all the way from header to tip.

chuckthefuk
07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
If your on a budget try this.

Buy the UEL headers (This will give you the boxer rumble your looking for)
Buy a complete WRX cat back exhaust. Get it used locally usually under $150
Buy a generic muffler of your choice. Magnaflow/Borla/Vibrant all make good "baffled" units.

Go to a exhaust shop and have them extend the mid-pipe and change the hangers on the axle back.

Should cost you less then $500 for everything. If thats a low budget build?

Oh by the way by keeping your stock Catalytic converter you will be silencing some of the harshness so you can avoid the resonator like Airgne suggested.

-Chuck

Killswitch057
08-02-2010, 07:03 PM
alright thanks guys. cause i want something that is a bit louder than stock but not to a point of honda rice. i had a magnaflow cat back on my camaro and that was a bit too loud so some where in between stock and loud would be good.