PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* :-(

Reason
02-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Well in 2003 I had the crank seal replaced. Guess what!?!?!it went again! :evil: I get a small discount from my friend that works in service ($100 off). So I figured since it's in there what should I have done? I'm having them throw on my Perrin crank pulley and new belts when it goes together. It already has a new timing belt and water pump. I also told them to replace my spark plugs too. I hate working on my car in the winter, and it's been pretty damn cold this past week. Anyway back on subject. Not going with expansive stuff what little things should I do or have replaced since the front of the engine will be disassembled?

belladonna
02-11-2006, 11:10 AM
just make sure the rest of your seals aren't leaking :?

NewGenSTi
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
have em drop an ej257 in while they have the hood open :-D :-D :-D

Wiscon_Mark
02-12-2006, 01:26 AM
have em drop an ej257 in while they have the hood open :-D :-D :-D

haha!

Order some cams while they're around the sparkplug area? ;)

Sounds like you've got it covered :)

02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
maybe if a certain someone were able to *LOG IN*, that certain someone could tell you why no matter how many times you have your crank seal replaced, the problem lies elsewhere in the motor. youre gonna have to have your bearings looked at more than likely.

any mechanic will throw seals at a motor all day long, he needs to put food on the table... some mechanics will tell you why youre replacing them... and finally, some other mechanics will tell you how to fix the whole thing for good. choose wisely.

subyluvr2212
02-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Garage has a good point.

Maybe they're putting the seal in wrong (crooked, not in far enough, in too far...), maybe you have too much oil in your engine, etc.

Wiscon_Mark
02-12-2006, 07:49 PM
maybe if a certain someone were able to *LOG IN*, that certain someone could tell you why no matter how many times you have your crank seal replaced, the problem lies elsewhere in the motor. youre gonna have to have your seals looked at more than likely.

Hi Greg.

Email Desertheatracing.

02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Greg?! Guess again Mark...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/tokio_sparrow/Akuma_evil.gif

Wiscon_Mark
02-12-2006, 08:53 PM
oh, sorry Jesse.

I'll get in touch with an admin to see if we can't get that fixed :)

02-12-2006, 08:57 PM
'preciate that my man! :-D

reason, my point is this:

how will your crank seal stay sealed if your crank is rattling around due to worn bearings? (this is most likely the cause of your engines distress seeing that you already had the seal replaced recently) this is applicable to all vehicle brands. my advice to you is to buy a new/rebuilt motor after running this one to the ground... your only other option is having this motor rebuilt, which is pricey. at any rate, stop throwing your money away for repairs that do not repair anything.

Reason
02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm having the following done:

Front crank seal
cam seals
new timing belt
inspection
change my oil (Mobil synthetic)
oil filter (K&N)
and my magnetic drain plug
repalce stock crank pulley with my Perrin
2 new acc. belts

She should be running pretty good when I get her back. I'm having them do this Friday and will have it back Saturday. When I get it back I will replace the following:

PCV valve
Stromung mid pipe
SPT axle back

Plays_with_Toys
02-21-2006, 02:26 AM
interesting. My mechanic just informed me my crankseal is leaking. It was only replace 15k miles ago though, so I am going to call the shop and see what kind of a warranty they put on their work.

Reason
02-21-2006, 04:02 AM
My suby dealer said they have a 1 year on the crank seal. I'm dropping it off Friday morning and they said it should be ready Saturday morning. Sometime next month it will go in for a tranny flush and differential fluid. Then on with the bodywork.

Huffer
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Add some Lubegard ATF Protectant to that tranny "flush". Be careful of the flushing machines too - if they service vehicles besides Subaru's, the flushing machine may be contaminated.