PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...?

ddctd2AWD
02-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Less known info about Legacy may not be useful, but it is definitely interesting...

So, did you know that...

...the exterior of the second-generation Legacy was penned by Olivier Boulay, who was hired by Subaru on a short-term basis. He would go on to participate in the design of the Maybach 57 and 62 and influence several Mitsubishi projects.
The Legacy has many different trim levels on the Japanese home market, with an assortment of different names (i.e. Brighton, Lancaster, VZ to name a couple). Perhaps the most dubious one of all would be the 1993 Subaru Touring Bruce, named due to Bruce Willis lending himself to a home market advertising campaign.

belladonna
02-16-2006, 08:24 AM
cool, you learn something everyday :)

ddctd2AWD
02-16-2006, 08:30 AM
That's kind of a point of this thread. I would like to learn as much abou my car as possible, and I thought this could be the right way to do that.

Wiscon_Mark
02-16-2006, 08:40 AM
did you know (this isn't about the legacy, but oh well) that the SVX was designed by a Ferrari guy?

Subaru seems to hire a lot of short term people for exterior design, hopefully the Alfa Romeo guy that's doing this junk right now is just as short term ;)

ddctd2AWD
02-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Are you referring to Tribecca, or...?

gil_ong81
02-16-2006, 09:37 AM
The Legacy has many different trim levels on the Japanese home market, with an assortment of different names (i.e. Brighton, Lancaster, VZ to name a couple). Perhaps the most dubious one of all would be the 1993 Subaru Touring Bruce, named due to Bruce Willis lending himself to a home market advertising campaign.
i'm not really surprised to learn this. Japanese marketing (branding in partucular) has always been...... how'd you say this?...... a little.....

GHEY!

Wiscon_Mark
02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Are you referring to Tribecca, or...?

and the impreza...both with Alfa-esque face styling.

And I agree with Gil.