PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding factory sub.

BE-Fresh
09-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Are our cars pre-wired for the factory subwoofer?

chuckthefuk
09-21-2010, 02:05 PM
USDM BE GT 5MT has no factory wires.... At least not in the few that I've seen.

-Chuck

BE-Fresh
09-21-2010, 06:35 PM
OK. Only reason I ask is because there is a female connection underneath my driver's seat, and I can't think of anything else that it might be for.

Okin DaVanh
09-21-2010, 06:38 PM
OK. Only reason I ask is because there is a female connection underneath my driver's seat, and I can't think of anything else that it might be for.

Seat belt alert?

BE-Fresh
09-21-2010, 08:33 PM
It could be. I have a seatbelt light on the dash that comes on with the CEL, airbag, battery, oil etc...., but shuts off a bit after the car is started. And I have driven my car for over a minute without my seatbelt on and haven't had a light/chime come on at all.

Edit: just checked, and the female end leads to underneath the carpet. But, I also followed the wire from the seatbelt to a point where it splits off to the connector in question, and then to underneath the carpet. Meaning, that there are a few wires "shrink wrapped", and the connector comes out before the rest of them lead to under the carpet. I hope that wasn't too confusing, haha.

chuckthefuk
09-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Were airbags in the seats an option for the BE?
-Chuck

Okin DaVanh
09-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Were airbags in the seats an option for the BE?
-Chuck

I thought that too, but I wasn't sure for the model year he has. Also, wouldn't airbag seats come with more than 2 wires?

Airgne
09-22-2010, 08:00 AM
if you have the premium sound than yes your car would come with a factory sub under the pass seat. is the car wired for it i would say yes. if kag will speak up i sold him mine. he would be able to tell you and where to look.

ouch1011
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
The sub wiring on my car looked practically like a dealer installed option. It looked like it had been (professionally) installed into the factory harness, and it came out from underneath the center console. So, the factory wiring may be there, but it might be under the center console and not under the seat.

Then again, this was on a BD. BE may be different.

rougeben83
10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
the wire harness has 5-6 or so wires on it, if its that what you have under there, then you have the sub pre-wired. If not, the sub wiring harness is included with the sub itself if you buy it from the dealer. It basically plugs into the stock factory stereo harness.

BE-Fresh
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I'm just gonna spend the money and get a Basslink setup. Much easier choice, and it'll probably last longer as well.

subydrift
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
The factory sub wiring harness has a male end under the seat and the subwoofer has the female end in it. It usually comes out of the center console, not the carpet.

BG5guy
03-04-2011, 07:52 PM
The factory sub is garbage IMO, be better off running aftermarket system or getting a factory sub/amp out of a 2008+ impreza, they run 10 inch kickers and utilize the same connectors I I remember correctly

BE-Fresh
03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
The factory sub is garbage IMO, be better off running aftermarket system or getting a factory sub/amp out of a 2008+ impreza, they run 10 inch kickers and utilize the same connectors I I remember correctly

I'll have to look into that