PDA

View Full Version : 1999 GT, bogging down near WOT.

TbirdMan
10-27-2010, 11:13 PM
my 99 GT has an annoying problem. if i start from a stop or very low speed and punch the throttle, it bogs down big time and almost feels like it is about to stall. if there is any kind of incline involved it will do a sort of "cycle" of starting to accelerate and bogging to a near stand still and starting to accelerate again.

Could this be fuel pressure? or maybe something like the TPS or another sensor? it seems to run fine otherwise.

mike-tracy
10-28-2010, 02:28 AM
I'd recommend cleaning all the grounds in the engine bay. ECU can't make good decisions with bad input data.

2ndly, I had a problem where a mouse went into my airbox and chewed up the filter. When I WOT'd, the loose pieces would get sucked against the mesh in front of the MAF, choking out the engine. Unlikely, but it happened to me. :smile:

Huffer
10-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Is your GT a manual or auto?
The autos will bog - they are not performance transmissions.

TbirdMan
10-28-2010, 04:00 PM
it is an auto, but i don't think you understand what i mean by bog, i mean it feels like it isn't getting fuel and isn't just a momentary thing, it lasts close to a second before it feels like it is starting to go again. it is bad enough that if i tried to pull out in front of someone and floored it I would come to almost a complete stop right in front of them.

Huffer
10-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Clean your throttle plate and intake.

ouch1011
11-05-2010, 12:13 AM
99 is kind of a grey area...does your car have a MAF or MAP sensor?

If it has a MAF, try cleaning it with some electronics or MAF sensor cleaner. Sometimes if the MAF gets some crap on the hotwires, it will basically insulate the MAF hotwires and make it read incorrectly, which can be the most noticable when there are large, sudden changes in airflow.