1995 legacy AWD Auto 124Kmiles

circumstance: moderate left hand turns at speed

noise: as subject says - only occasional read - not every time

feeling: can be felt under foot and in steering wheel

Guess: right front wheel bearing or CV

Any other suspects?

sheepdog
02-28-2006, 08:09 PM
My impreza made a GRRRRRRRUNCHing sounds when the rear diff was toast, maybe the front diff?

njdrsubaru
02-28-2006, 08:23 PM
nahh it cant be, i changed the fluid and the is no particles in there. i also had a experience with front diffs going, this is alittle different, it sound like thecv axle is slipping or something i checked everything includin the cv axly nut and everything is pretty tight. could it be the bearing that is going? i have some roam on that side whn i drive at 40mph but the wheel as no play at all. just weird could it be the internals of the cv axle?

mmm still a mystery. she rides fine and today it did not happen.

any more suggestions?

Plays_with_Toys
02-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Is the boot on the left side cut? My CV joints made some really nasty pops, mostly when turning left, and the left side axle was definately the culprit.

legacy92ej22t
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Ball joint maybe?

njdrsubaru
02-28-2006, 10:31 PM
cv boot is intact no rips or holes. as far as the ball joint it looks good however ya never know whats going on inside the boot of the ball joint.

Huffer
02-28-2006, 11:20 PM
brake pad?
possible stone in caliper/rotor assembly?

legacy92ej22t
03-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, a loose brake pad can cause that sound too, especially when you hit bumps.

To check the ball joint just jack the car up and use a pry bar to wedge between the control arm and the spindle, then check for play.

njdrsubaru
03-01-2006, 07:39 PM
hahahahahah, hahahahhaha, LMAO, ROTF, WOOOF :shock: :-D :oops: :P guess what was the problem guys!!!!!!! well a bolt was bounding around between the PS puley and the PS pump body so everytime i made a left turn the bolt would get stuck between the puley and the body of the ps pump. hahahahhaha. sooooooooo simple. hahahahhahahah cant stop laughing of something so stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D