PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum, I love it!

SpideyRex
02-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Hello! I recently found this site and it is great. My username came from previously owning a 2002 WRX. BUT, prior to the WRX, we bought a 2001 Outback Limited Sedan, a very rare Subaru. I've only seen two here in southern cal and I just love having somehting unique. While my Subie is down on power compared to the Rex, I love a style, room, and luxury. Maybe I'm just getting older (I'll be 35 this year).

Well I look forward to learning and contributing more in the future. Based on what I've read, Ithink I'll give one of those ebay intakes a shot. Why not? Modding is fun. I'll try to post a photo of my ride soon.[/img]

shazapple
02-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Welcome! You definitly do no see a lot of outback sedans, especially in the 2000-2004 years

EXP1787
02-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find that a lot of us enjoy our unusual rides ;)

SpideyRex
02-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Goota the love the uniqueness of AWD and flat fours!

I cheated and put up my car in my avatar.

Plays_with_Toys
02-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey welcome! I don't believe the "ebay intake" will fit on your car. I believe airbox design was changed. However, look in the DIY forums for what HFSDevil did to his BE sedan.

The outback sedans look really nice, and it is true, there doesn't seem to be alot of them rolling around, even here in colorado which is the subaru capitol of the world.

SpideyRex
02-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Wll I'll let you know abut the intake.. I just bought it!

It should work, the MAP sensor it on top of the intake manifold and doesn't the tube for the intake just connect there? Looks like it should be easy. We'll see. :?

The Speed Factor
02-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Welcome!

EXP1787
03-01-2006, 12:46 AM
I cheated and put up my car in my avatar.
Looks very nice!

Reason
03-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Welcome to SLi, I been toying with the idea of trading my GT for an 03 H6 sedan (for a daily driver) after I get another BD.

Wiscon_Mark
03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Topic moved to the appropriate section ;)

Welcome to SLi, nice Outback :D

SpideyRex
03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks. I guess I missed seeing the right place to post!

Thanks for the compliments on my Outback. I love its muscular look. I get stopped often by other drivers who ask about it since it is so rare. Love it! I actually get more attention than when I had my WRX!

:D

voorhees
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
ah yes, the New England special. A very rare find out west, great ride. How'd you find the site? Glad to have you here.

SpideyRex
03-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I think I found it when I was doing some research on intakes on Google. I can't remember exactly.

When we bought the car, we got a sweet deal since it was sitting on the dealer lot for a while. I don't think they knew what to do with it since at the time everyone wanted with a WRX or a Outback wagon.

Are there any other Outback sedans owned by members?

Wiscon_Mark
03-01-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't think anyone else has an SUS, no.

I have a wagon though ;)

Huffer
03-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Y'know, since I read this thread a couple of days ago, I've seen 3 of the SUS outback sedans in my area.

In fact, one parks near my new workplace, and it's badged Outback 3.0R.
BE sedan.

Might see if they're planning on selling.

These cars look like they have body armor on...

SpideyRex
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
:P When we first got it, I thought it was the Space Marine version of a Subaru! The taller stance makes it stand out as unusual, just enough to look cool without makes it look like some weird raised sedan. But I'm biased. :-D

losdiosdeverde86
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Hello! I recently found this site and it is great. My username came from previously owning a 2002 WRX. BUT, prior to the WRX, we bought a 2001 Outback Limited Sedan, a very rare Subaru. I've only seen two here in southern cal and I just love having somehting unique. While my Subie is down on power compared to the Rex, I love a style, room, and luxury. Maybe I'm just getting older (I'll be 35 this year).

Well I look forward to learning and contributing more in the future. Based on what I've read, Ithink I'll give one of those ebay intakes a shot. Why not? Modding is fun. I'll try to post a photo of my ride soon.[/img]

those outbacks are weeds here in pittsburgh.