PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on a subwoofer

GTDrifter
03-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Just for starters I'm not new to audio mods but I also don't know everything. I have wired 4 to 5 cars with entire sound systems and personally have been through 12 headunits, 5 or 6 subs, probably 4 to 5 amps, and 3 sets of speakers.

Now I've had an amazon gift card since Christmas and decided I wanna throw another sub into my RS so I bought an Infinity Reference 1000 watt 8 inch sub (being tight on money since I gotta fork out a shit ton for a new phone and mods for autocross)...hell technically I paid $6 for the sub. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this particular sub or company that could give any real review on it. I've only ever owned Visonik and Dual subs

Also I know that you cant run this sub at 1000 watt all the time because its the peak so its actually an 850 watt which if I remember correctly the amp in my car already is only 800 watt.

Wiscon_Mark
05-01-2011, 10:54 AM
A little late but,

Infinity has a good rep, especially for bassy speakers. Certainly better than Dual. I personally have an Infinity basslink which I like very much. It's much lower wattage than yours, but it works quite well for rock music.