PDA

View Full Version : Jdm 4 pot pads?

bakergtt
03-13-2006, 02:27 PM
how many pads do they offer for the jdm 4 pots?

I got Carbotech, Hawks?, and EBC (red and green stuff)

Are there anyothers?

Wiscon_Mark
03-13-2006, 07:17 PM
good question, I was under the impression that the JDM brakes were identical to the USDM WRX brakes...

bakergtt
03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
yeah the 06 wrx have the 4 pots now but im just trying to figure out what are all the companies that make pads for this set up.

Are the oem pads from subaru for the new wrx good or is it better to go after market?

Wiscon_Mark
03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
I really couldn't answer that one for you, sorry.

PM Kelly or maybe email Sean @ rallitek

I would assume one of them would know (and of course you're very familiar with them).

gator gt
03-13-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah the 06 wrx have the 4 pots now but im just trying to figure out what are all the companies that make pads for this set up.

Are the oem pads from subaru for the new wrx good or is it better to go after market?

Depends what you are looking for. Want quite competent around town braking? Go OEM.

Don't mind squeaky brakes, but want that stopping power for the 'go juice' you have under that hood? Go aftermarket. And get ready to accept some more brake dust too.

GGT

I'm going Carbotech all 4 corners. (yes 4pots in front)

Wiscon_Mark
03-13-2006, 10:24 PM
my brakes squeak anyways :lol:

Actually, I'm running aftermarket brakes...I have no idea what kind, my dad had them put on. They kick ass though. I think it might just be calipers and pads, stock rotors, but I'm not sure.

bakergtt
03-14-2006, 11:47 AM
I wana see who is running what pads with the 4 pots. If you could post up what pads you have with the 4 pots and a little bout how they feel, sound, dust, etc if you want/could that would be great.